What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Help with Audigy sound card

Help with Audigy sound card
Author: Message:
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Help with Audigy sound card
I have recently bought a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card and I am having some problems with it. When ever I try to play a game the sound freezes, computer locks up and a blue screen appears with an error message.

Now the reason I think it's my sound card is because it's the newest thing I have installed in my computer and when I disable the sound card drivers I can play my game(s) just fine. The error message I get is this:

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

(Technical info)

*** Stop: 0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x805366F0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

Beginning dump of physical memory

I have emailed Microsoft about this error because at first I noticed it happening in Microsoft games like Halo, and Combat Flight Simulator 3. But then it also happened in a game that came with the motherboard called FarCry. The only game I know of right now that works fine with no problems is the game Deus Ex. When Microsodt email me today they said they have had problems with those games with the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS card. But I seems like it errors on any game except the one above that I said worked. Is it maybe the sound quality of the game or part of the sound driver that the game uses is bad or glitchy?

To fix this problem I have tried starting my computer with a clean start, updating my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS drivers, updating my VIA drivers, adjusting my sound settings and uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers, but no luck.

At first when I uninstalled the drivers and restarted the computer, instead of clicking cancel when the found new hardware box came up like the instructions say to do. I inserted the CD and let Windows install them. Then I installed all the other programs that went with the sound card. After that when I tried the games they played perfect for about and hour and a half until the sound froze, computer locked up and a blue screen appeared with the error message once again. Now when I go to play the games they play for about 5 minuets with perfect sound then it errors. Even If I restart or shut the computer off and let it sit for awhile it still don’t help any. But the thing is that my sound works great in Windows. I can play music perfect. It’s just when I play games, it doesn’t work.

any help would be great.

This post was edited on 08-15-2004 at 06:29 AM by DJeX.
[Image: top.gif]
08-15-2004 06:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Help with Audigy sound card
Try updating your DirectX.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
08-15-2004 10:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »