What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Gaming is good for you

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Gaming is good for you
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Gaming is good for you
quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
in this case the dumbass kid, the parents and rockstar :)

Thankyou for that lee ^o).... :notfunny: :cheesy:

So who really is it to blame, to be honest I think its the parents fault, these kids don't buy these games, how can they, they don't look eighteen a lot of the time, so their parents must buy the parents, solution, proof that the game is for you, and not for a 14 year old kid that can flip at any point.
08-15-2004 06:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
I would say not the company. The parent who buy's it.
08-15-2004 07:24 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
I would say not the company. The parent who buy's it.

Did i not say that in my post :dodgy:

It is actually partially the game developers fault, is there need for such violence in games, all games are fun, driving games are cool!! There is no need for such violence, why is there any need for, barbed wire, cleavers, if anything, you want violence, don't go crazy murderer, go for mellow guns or something.
08-15-2004 07:43 PM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
I think not. Some games are there to give an escape route from reality. How many people do you see walking around the streets with meat cleavers?
08-15-2004 09:25 PM
Black_Forky

quote:
Originally posted by Rockstar
[Image: manhunt_esrb.gif]
quote:
Originally posted by esrb
MATURE
Titles rated M - Mature have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain mature sexual themes, more intense violence and/or strong language.

Rockstar didnt give him the game and the esrb slapped a 17+ rating on it so it isnt either companies fault but the person who sold it to him or the stupid parents

This post was edited on 08-16-2004 at 01:27 AM by Black_Forky.
[Image: LAME.jpg]
*Caution* You could be lame if you are not careful
08-16-2004 01:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Games....Toughy :p

I think games like Grand Theft Auto are tottally ridiculous and can be influencing :tongue:

I mean what kind of a game is this were the plot of the game is Murdering people , Stealing Cars , And of course having sex for health. There is no challenges or anything just random stealing of cars and murder :-/

My mom thinks games like Metroid Prime / The Legend of Zelda because of the strong difficulty and puzzles helped me out *-)

But of course "Gaming Experts" say that it isnt a cause of this stuff and a good way to learn because well...they are gaming experts. Their job is to get games to sell and of course they wont say "Yes , Our games lead to murder. Whatsa yah problem wit day?" :p
08-16-2004 01:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
st0rm

– / Female / –
most games r violent, but its not like u have 2 go out and buy em. if u dun wanna play em, dont buy em. the ppl who do buy them play em to escape reality.

if ppl r gonna go round sayin all violent games should be banned u may aswell go n ban all tha action movies tha come out...its jus like sayin jimbo is gonna go to frankies place an knock on his door an go 'ey mate cum here i gotta surprise 4 ya' then WAMP bash the poor kid cuz he was influenced by a movie. thaz jus crazy

i started playin vid games wen i was 3. an im not a violent kid..im 14 an i still enjoy playin vid games, if i got anger, i let it out online in the game, not on my peers irl. so the whole idea of ppl goin crazy cuz of a stupid game is jus an excuse cuz the parents dun wanna blame themselves for buyin the game in the first place.

u dun like tha game, u dun buy tha game...simple
[Image: 2070013_man.jpg]
08-16-2004 06:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Gaming is good for you
quote:
Originally posted by NoName
I mean what kind of a game is this were the plot of the game is Murdering people , Stealing Cars , And of course having sex for health. There is no challenges or anything just random stealing of cars and murder
yeh but ur stealing cars and killing ppl for a reason ;)

anyway id like to do a little survey
first question: how many of you have played gta and/or manhunt?
second question: how many of you have killed somebody after playing them?
08-16-2004 06:33 AM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
Played both. Killing Total = 0

Also

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
I think games like Grand Theft Auto are tottally ridiculous and can be influencing
I think games like Grand Theft Auto and The Getaway are sureal and there fore funny. A chance to vent fustrasion with a gun without hurting real people.

08-16-2004 08:21 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

I think that if any killing should be done in any games, there are no need to kill other humans, get games like resident evil, kill things that are a threat to the human race, rather than killing off the human race.
08-16-2004 10:28 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: