What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Idea - Bigger Notifications Signs for TV!!!

Idea - Bigger Notifications Signs for TV!!!
Author: Message:
mxf80

O.P. Idea - Bigger Notifications Signs for TV!!!
Hello,

When you connect your PC to the TV to watch a movie or something on the TV and the notification sign of Messenger pops up to tell you that someone logged in, logged off or is writing to you, you can barely read what the notification sign says becasue TVs obviously has not the same resolution of PC monitors so, it would be a good idea to have the chance of choosing the size of your notification alerts. This way you can use a bigger size when you are going to watch a movie in your TV. Pretty often happens that someone logs in, logs off or write to you while you're using your TV as screen.

Thanks in advance.
08-08-2004 03:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Idea - Bigger Notifications Signs for TV!!!
Plus! doesn't currently interfere in any way with MSN's default toasts, if it did each version of MSN may require a Plus! update...but it would be good to resize them in this case, but when most people hook their computer's TV-OUT to the TV they don't want to be disturbed by MSN, I leave it in Boss Protection mode when I do that...So I can't see a demand for it...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-08-2004 06:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Well, Plus! has Costum Sounds that enables you to set a diffrent sound for every contact/group on your list.

So why not be creative? Grab your self a mic and make sound files for people on your list so you can actually hear who is singing on or off while you watch TV :) Or let your contacts create their own singin and out sounds. Oh well, just some crazy idea.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-08-2004 10:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
as I switch my second monitor-out between TV and monitor regulary, I know that the basic windows font is indeed very small to be read on a TV.

But, to fix this (and to keep your resolution of 1024x768 (commonly used)) you will need a VERY big font compared to the basic windows font to make it readable. Also you proberly must set it to bold.

Although the idea seems nice, personaly I don't find this usefull and I wouldn't use it (remember, I do use the TV a lot, even for normal Windows work). If I watch a movie, I don't want a toast poping up on screen (besides, they don't popup if you use a proper overlayed signal for watching movies). I much more prefer the use of short sounds, like MenthiX said....

And for normal Windows work, switch your resolution to 800x600 or even better 640x480 as these are much closer to the TV-resolution...

This post was edited on 08-09-2004 at 05:31 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-09-2004 05:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mxf80

O.P. RE: Idea - Bigger Notifications Signs for TV!!!
Hello,

I agree you can use customize sounds for when someone logs in or logs off, and that many people doens't want to be bothered while using the TV as monitor, but for example, just with customized sounds, you can hear who's loging in but you still can't read what he's saying and so have to stop the movie, turn on your computer monitor, get out of full screen, go to MSN Messenger and then read the message to see if it is important or not. People that don't want to be bothered can't turn off notifications but for people that need to know, it would be usefull to have an option to rezise the notification alerts.

Remember this post is not about who wants or not to have pop ups on full screen when using the TV, if you don't want pop ups just turn them off, I'm just asking for a way to rezise the notification alerts for people that NEED to know who's writing to them, because up to now, you CAN'T read what they are writing to you.

Thanks guys.

This post was edited on 08-15-2004 at 04:13 PM by mxf80.
08-15-2004 04:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: