What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Any Hints on where to start?

Any Hints on where to start?
Author: Message:
brownjl

O.P. Any Hints on where to start?
Hi all,

Ive wrote a little appliction for college a location tracking app basically sets you nickname to sombody @ somewhere, (works out somewhere from you ip address/wireless lan signal strength ssid etc)

But I am having a problem of updating the nickname using win32 api, (open options window, set name, close) basically the options window sometimes stay on :S especially in situation where your draging something or you have a window like task manager up...

So I have been looking for a better way of doing this and can't find one :( So thought maybe Messenger pluss could help!

All I want to do is have a plug in monitor your messenger status and on sign in / change to "on line" or after a specific amount of time, have it read a registry entry containing the "@ location" information, read your current nick name and then use plus's ability to update the nickname (/nick) with this new information...

Do you think I could do this with a plug-in? :)

Thanks,

James
08-16-2004 10:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Any Hints on where to start?
I'm not a programmer and did not study the Plus! plugin API, but i think it is very well possible. For information and examples of the Messenger Plus! plugin API, visit this page: http://www.msgplus.net/help_plugins.php . And once you have your plugin created, be sure to post it on this forum because i'd like to use it too.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-17-2004 12:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: