What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Community Behaviour and Spam

11 votes - 4.27 average   Community Behaviour and Spam
Author: Message:
surfichris
Former Admin

O.P. Community Behaviour and Spam
I'm growing very tired of waking up in the morning and seeing 18 or 20 reported posts, mainly reporting spam by several users here. I'm growing tired of seeing arguments within the Messenger Plus and Messenger communities (I'm talking about MessengerDiscovery here too).

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/rules.html
Those are the forum rules, you will notice they are now in the top menu in a nice little red colour. READ THEM

Spam:
Any post that is off-topic or contributes nothing useful or interesting to a discussion is considered to be spam. Most spam posts will be moved or deleted.
Spam includes posts that:
  • only contain emoticons or smilies
  • only contain a short message such as "LOL" or "hello"
  • are posted more than once

This also includes Double Posting. Do not double post (post two times in a row to the same thread). Edit your existing post. The button looks like this: [Image: edit.gif]. It can be found beside all of your posts. If you wish to quickly delete your double post or message then you can click this button: [Image: delete.gif]

I'm beginning, myself, to take up a "three strikes and you're out" rule. That means with me, if three of your posts are reported in spam in one night, you're banned for 24 hours. If there are more than six, you will get a longer punishment.

If I see any more arguments or flames directed at any member, or other community, even anyone or thing in general then you will be banned for 24 hours. Keep it up and it will be longer.

There is no excuse for being lazy (except for WDZ), and not following the rules. You have been warned.

This place is a community. ACT LIKE ONE

This post was edited on 03-05-2007 at 09:53 PM by WDZ.
08-16-2004 10:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: