What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » changing names

changing names
Author: Message:
guinan

O.P. Huh?  changing names
Hi y'all !
Some people insist on using whole sentences of rubbish as their name in msn-messenger:blah:. I'm sure I once found a way to enter their real names in messenger+, but I can't for the life of me find it anymore!:wall:
Can anyone help me please???
Guinan
08-20-2004 08:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: changing names
When you use the Custom Names feature of Plus!, you can set a custom name for them, which will show up in your contact list (and conversation window, if you want).

Go to Plus! > Preferences > Contact List > Custom Names and change it. You can use tags as (!N) for your contact's display name, and (!M) for their email addresses.

A limitation of this feature is that emoticons will not show up in your contact's display names in a conversation window anymore. A way to avoid this is to use custom names without emoticons, and using them in conversation windows too. It's either that, or not using custom names, or dealing with it ;)
08-20-2004 08:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
guinan

O.P. RE: changing names
Thanks so much for your reaction Tochjo, I knew I was overlooking it as I had found it once before, how blind can a person be...
08-20-2004 08:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: