What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » My msn is sooooo slow HELP!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
My msn is sooooo slow HELP!
Author: Message:
SLOW msn man

O.P. My msn is sooooo slow HELP!
please help.. my msn is really slow.. when i type something and then press enter it takes about 5-6 seconds for it to come up on screen by which time the other person has typed.. it like freezes the screen when i press enter
08-23-2004 09:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
RE: My msn is sooooo slow HELP!
Have a look in ur start folder.....do you have 3  lists of programs? Look at ur clock, do you have 20 processes running? do you know what most them are? I suggest you do as clean up fof ya PC, and then try..... if you're the complete oppsite of thaty., Try the old, re-installing MSN
08-23-2004 09:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
frankiedaman

35 / – / –
Hi Slow MSN Man,

Couple of ideas...

1) Try what MC Inferno said and clean up your PC

2) Defrag your Hard drive and scan it for errors. Perform some diagnostic checks on your computer to check it's in good condition.

3) What internet connection are you on? If it's 56k or lower, that may explain why it signs in slowly.

4) If you have Windows XP bring up your task manager (press CTRL+ALT+DEL) and check the CPU usage. if it's sky high, close down any processes you don't need running at the moment.

5) Scan your PC for adware and spyware that could be clogging up your connection and computer. I recommend Ad-aware 6, which can be found at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ or Spybot Search & Destroy, which can be found at http://security.kolla.de.

Let me know if any of these steps solve your problem.

Frankiedaman
08-23-2004 10:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
19nazzy

I've done all of that and mine is still going slow. If anyone finds something that solves the problem. Please let me know
08-24-2004 06:15 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SLOW msn man
please help.. my msn is really slow.. when i type something and then press enter it takes about 5-6 seconds for it to come up on screen by which time the other person has typed.. it like freezes the screen when i press enter
quote:
Originally posted by 19nazzy
I've done all of that and mine is still going slow. If anyone finds something that solves the problem. Please let me know

What addons do you both got?
Is Messenger Plus! installed? If so, what plugins do you both got? Try to disable everything (addons, plugins, etc...) and check if the problem is still there...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-24-2004 08:54 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
shut down all your other programs or get a better RAM that can handle it e.t.c do what everyone else has suggested and clean spyware and addware that really slows it down. try not to use too many extensions and programs like Kazza and Windows media player really lag sometimes so shut them and file downloads P2P progs e.t.c
08-24-2004 08:59 AM
SLOW msn man

O.P. RE: My msn is sooooo slow HELP!
ok i dont no how to "defrag" my computer.. but im on a 56k connection... im getting BB soon. but its only just happened recently.. ive used it for ages but one night it just went slow.. heres a pic of my processes.. i havnt got a clue which ones to close incase i do something wrong.. could you give me some guidence

[Image: cpustuff.th.jpg]

This post was edited on 08-24-2004 at 03:13 PM by SLOW msn man.
08-24-2004 03:12 PM
frankiedaman

35 / – / –
From what i can see on that screenshot of your running processes, nothing seems to be hogging the CPU.

Defragmenting your Hard Drive is easy. Just go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter. (On Windows XP Machines)

Your 56k connection may explain why it takes a while to sign in to MSN, all i can suggest for the sign in problem is be patient until you get broadband.

It's recommended you don't close down any processes unless your fully sure they're OK to close down.

As for the MSN program lagging, all i can suggest (and this goes for the other person who's having the same problem) is perform a cleanup of your PC, including Defragmenting your hard drive, Scanning it for errors and deleting files you don't need. However, you may wish to consider upgrading your RAM or processor (pricey, but totally worth it)
08-24-2004 04:20 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
You should really try to disable all your plugins and restart Messenger, it may solve the issue (and if so, please let us know what plugins you have installed). Else, please try to uninstall Plus! and see if it fixes the problem.
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-24-2004 05:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
19nazzy

I've got Cable internet and a fast computer. My computer isnt the problem. When I go to defrag, it says that it's not needed. And I've defraged a little while ago when I had the problem but it didn't fix it. How do I remove plugins?
08-25-2004 07:49 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: