What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Accessibility

Accessibility
Author: Message:
Kebne

– / Male / –
O.P. Cool  Accessibility
I work as a computer teacher for deafblinds people living in Sweden. We have used Messenger Plus! for a year now because of to two functions that appeals to us:
-override textformatting in the conversation window
-change user name in the contact list

However we would also se a possibility to include even more to make the Messenger superior for chatting when low-sighted.

Our wish list: (A)
1. A possibility to set the background / foreground color in the conversation windows - both in the window where one is typing text, and also in the window where the conversation appear.
For the moment it seems like Messenger is applying a lighter color relative to the background I choose. If I make a black picture and choose this one as background - then the color in the windows will be grey.
2. A possibility to have incoming conversation window opened on top instead of staying minimized in the taskbar.

/Kebne
08-24-2004 09:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Accessibility
quote:
Originally posted by Kebne
1. A possibility to set the background / foreground color in the conversation windows - both in the window where one is typing text, and also in the window where the conversation appear.
i like this idea, specially cause im low sighted too and know how it feels... darker background with a white font is way easier to read (Y)
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
08-24-2004 09:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
Yeh i think that idea would be quite good, useful for you :D, also looks quite cool lol :)
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
08-24-2004 10:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I think it would be good for the benifit of all of us really, especially for the use of low-sighted people. It would help users a great deal.
08-24-2004 11:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
hmm... that is smart idea :-D i like it someone tell patchou about this.. so u can add it in the msg plus new version.. or just make a plugin :-D w/e u fine suitable
08-24-2004 04:35 PM
Kebne

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Accessibility
Nice to hear that also you think those features could come handy.
I would also be happy to see some feedback from the developer regarding the possibility to include those features.

/Kebne
08-31-2004 07:01 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, the first suggestion would be quite difficultfor me to do (the background). However, I just added a registry setting in Plus! 3.10 that makes new chat windows appear not minimised when a new message is sent.

Side note: if you have visibility problems, you may also be interested in using the recently added "CtcListFont" setting that lets you change the font of your contact list. I suggest using Plus! Tweak to change all these extra settings.
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-31-2004 07:51 PM
Kebne

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Accessibility
So, thats not impossible anyway ;)

You mentioned a registry setting to make "new chat  windows appear not minimised when a new message is sent". Actually I cant see what the difference is between that setting and the standard behavior of messenger conversation windows. But it maybe works different in real.

I rewarded a setting which make new conversation windows appear not minimized.

Thanks I guess that I have to run Plus! Tweak to change the "CtcListFont" settings as I couldn't found the setting when I checked in http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php.

/Kebne

This post was edited on 09-02-2004 at 05:54 AM by Kebne.
09-02-2004 05:53 AM
Kebne

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Accessibility
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
...However, I just added a registry setting in Plus! 3.10 that makes new chat windows appear not minimised when a new message is sent...

You are dead right! I just didn't understood that we were talking about same thing. :$

Maybe there also would be possible to add a setting which let chat windows appear on top each time a new message arrives? Even if they are already opened - but resides in the background.
/Kebne
09-30-2004 06:54 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: