What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Lost LOGs

Lost LOGs
Author: Message:
diwit

O.P. Lost LOGs

hi,

i have win XP, MSN 6.1.0211, and Plus 3.01.94.

i want to save my logs into a diferent folder each month. until now it worked perfectly, but a few days ago i changed this option and set it to create a different folder for each contact.

i have MSN patched, to be able to open diferent MSNs at a time, and in a few accounts i have this setting set to "folder", and in others to "monthly".

the thing is that the logs that yesterday had a size of 500KB, today they are just 100KB (in the txt file appears just the conversation i have had today with the contact), and previous logs are lost. they are not stored in any folder or any file, it just creates a new txt file called .old.txt, with yesterday's log, but all the rest are deleted.

i want to know if this problem is due to having some accounts set to "monthly" and others to "folder". or what, and how to solve it, because i dont wanna loose any more logs...

thank u

PD: sorry for my english, im spanish

08-25-2004 03:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
RE: Lost LOGs
did that folder exists?
Never Hope. Always Wish.
08-25-2004 03:55 AM
diwit

O.P. RE: Lost LOGs

the folder "my chat logs" does exist. in this folder are stored the logs of the accounts i have set to monthly, and that should be moved to a folder called "august 2004" at the end of the month, but these are the logs that are deleted.

and then, the folder for every contact, is created automatically by plus, on the accounts i have set to "folder", and in every folder there is a txt file called "july 2004.txt", "august 2004.txt" and so on. with these logs seems to be no apparent problem.

08-25-2004 12:45 PM
diwit

trying to find the problem, i have found what happens:

i always have 2 log files for each contact. one (mail_address@hotmail.com.txt) is TODAY's log, and the other file (mail_address@hotmail.com.txt.old.txt), keeps YESTERDAY's log file.

the thing is that i have the 2 files, with "day one" and "day two" logs. ok, now, today (lets say "day three") i speak with the contact, and automatically the log of "day one" is deleted, "day two" file changes to "old.txt" file, and today's log is stored in the "mail_address@hotmail.com.txt" file.

so i can only keep the last 2 days' logs, and this didnt happen before...

can anyone help me please?? thanx!!

08-27-2004 04:21 PM
diwit

i have installed plus 2.54, and the problem continues being the same... i have only 2 files...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE ??????????? THANX A LOT!!

09-03-2004 12:02 PM
apquiche

– / Male / –
RE: Lost LOGs
Hi diwit
in fact I have exactly the same problem...
but i'm not sure it's a bug: in my case, it was my fault...
Try to fix this by checking that the directory you told Plus! to put your stuff is an available one and that your disk isn't full.

Have fun!

++
01-22-2005 10:13 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: