What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » How much Memory does your MSN use?

How much Memory does your MSN use?
Author: Message:
Cronium

O.P. How much Memory does your MSN use?
I dont know if my MSN is abnormal but it seems to use a unusual amount of RAM, alot more then I would expect anyway.

It seems to be using around 26 megs of RAM, with 2 conversations open.

I am using Messenger Plus with 5 plugins. (StuffPlug - NG, Stuffplug, ColourNick,SShot,Xfade)

Windows XP Pro SP2.

Note: I'm not really greedy about the memory (I hav 2gb of ram) but I am curious...
08-25-2004 11:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
RE: How much Memory does your MSN use?
Staffplug-NG takes quite a bit like as does MSN. Any1 hu is any1 knows i have serious RAM prob's like, but i found it mostly windows media player, so i sue winamp now instead
08-25-2004 12:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
11744 with one conversation, does that help?
08-26-2004 07:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Once again, as I've already said in the past: you can't just open the Task Manager to see what memory any program really uses. Windows could decide to allocate 10Mb to anapplication than only needs 1Mb if it wanted, it's all part of its memory mnagement system and it's very effective. The only way you could knwo what memory is really used is by exausting your system completely. Windows would then be forced to delete all the unused objects, free all the memory that is not really used etc..
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-26-2004 08:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Once again, as I've already said in the past: you can't just open the Task Manager to see what memory any program really uses. Windows could decide to allocate 10Mb to anapplication than only needs 1Mb if it wanted, it's all part of its memory mnagement system and it's very effective. The only way you could knwo what memory is really used is by exausting your system completely. Windows would then be forced to delete all the unused objects, free all the memory that is not really used etc..
Patchou, thanks for typing all that.  I was going to post that but I didn't really know how to explain it.  :D
08-26-2004 08:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: