What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Ginge (Neil)

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Ginge (Neil)
Author: Message:
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Grin  Ginge (Neil)
Hello Everyone,
Finally some news about Ginge (Neil) has come in.  I am talking to him on MSN.   He has been gone for a long year in the University Halls, and has just gotten access to MSN Messenger again (they were blocked)...Anywayz, He's completely outta the MSN Addon Business (This signs the death certificate for BetterMSN) and is a bit disappointed that Patchou removed his name from the about window in MsgPlus3 it seems.  Anywayz, He is alive and well.  You can see his current programs at this site, They are very promising!
08-25-2004 07:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ginge

BetterMSN Author

42 / Male / –
RE: Ginge (Neil)
Hi everyone, since I last posted a lot has happened. I'm not really upset at being dropped from the about box, although am curious to see if my password encryption code is still in there or not. BetterMSN is pretty much dead, I got sick of tracking incompatible API changes, which makes development no fun. BetterMSN is still open source, and the code and program are still available somewhere (although I'm trying to find out where). If anyone wants to take over the program, let me know.

I have also finished my degree (MEng, 1st class), and got a PhD place with funding. Done several huge projects, 70 pages/28,000 words (available online). Got a website (not sure if I had it last time...), http://www.nmitchell.co.uk/ . I have also got a pile of programs up there, Dane gave the link above (I recommend Clock, Countdown and Evolution - my graphics editor should be uploaded within the week - my management program within the month). Got a girlfriend (very time consuming). Had several jobs, including writing software for motorway signs, and the British Airways departure control system. And probably a load of other stuff too...
08-25-2004 08:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/better-msn/Bet...ource.zip?download for the source code. found it on hotmailstuff.com :p
08-25-2004 08:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
hi ginge :wave:

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
and has just gotten access to MSN Messenger again
^o)

Maybe he blocked u? :refuck: cause i have seen hiom online since a couple of onths ago :P (not that i talk to him anyway :sad:)
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
08-25-2004 08:39 PM
surfichris
Former Admin

Long time no see..

The best thing you can do about chekcing on the encryption code is throwing Patchou a good old email, msgplus [at] msgplus.net

Good to see that you're back and your life is all on track :wave:

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Maybe he blocked u? cause i have seen hiom online since a couple of onths ago (not that i talk to him anyway )
:lol:
08-25-2004 11:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ginge

BetterMSN Author

42 / Male / –
I just checked, and I'm pretty sure its the same encryption code in there - there are certain characteristics about my encryption code which make it unique to me ;)

As for blocking people, yeah, I blocked my entire contact list for a few months - because I really was that busy! Take a look at my 4th year project to see just how busy - I didn't sleep for a full 48 hours before hand in. (and completed it with a broken rib, unable to raise my hands above my shoulders)
08-25-2004 11:32 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Yo Ginge,

good to see you're alive and well :). I removed from the about box of Messenger Plus! 3 while I was cleaning it for the first public release. I removed a LOT of names, not only yours. However, I'm ashamed of myself to remember just now that the encryption system used for email storage in the registry is still based on your original code (when I removed your name, it was in the "he helped me, but a long time ago" batch :p). So, you're back in the box, and I do apologize for this.

Anyway, good luck with your new gf, your jobs, your studies ... hope to see you more often on the forum :)

Patch
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-26-2004 05:27 AM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
Well done ginge nice to here someone achieving something with there lifes.  It seems you have worked hard to get where your going.  Perhaps we might even see some real compeition for Messenger Plus if you ever get any spare time :P

Good luck for the future (Drop into IRC sometime :P

Peace
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
08-26-2004 12:52 PM
ginge

BetterMSN Author

42 / Male / –
The chances of me ever competing with Plus are pretty remote - its a nice extension, and there are only 2 features its missing :P

Thanks for the reinstating to the about box, its nice to be associated with Plus! - it makes me feel clever by association. Thanks also for all the good luck messages - i'll certainly need lots of luck when i get back to uni - still have yet to meet the people i'll be spending all next year living with.
08-26-2004 07:16 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Ginge (Neil)
Heh, Patchou must have a text file for everything.  Anywayz, when you go back to the Uni, you can see if you can get to http://webmessenger.msn.com for MSN Messenger Web Version.
08-26-2004 07:45 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: