What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plus 3.10 API

Plus 3.10 API
Author: Message:
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Plus 3.10 API
Maybe this is better somewhere else?

Anyway, will there be anything new in the API with Plus 3.10? If so, would it be possible for me to get a copy, say, a couple of days before the release? A lot to ask I know to be honest. I'd just like to make sure I can update all my plugins ASAP when the next version comes out.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
08-26-2004 10:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Plus 3.10 API
Well, even if Patchou gives us the new plugin interface's documentation (if there's any), you won't have Plus! 3.10 to test (unless you are an official tester/translator), right? :)

Incidentally...
To be honest, every plugin developer has his/her own wishing list indeed; for example, I, with a view to improving of Hopper, want Patchou to include display name changer. If Patchou adds every plugin developer's request, the whole plugin interface may get instable, insecure..etc (well I don't really know if this'll happen though).

Why don't we have a nomination and then have a vote? :gfdrin:

This post was edited on 08-27-2004 at 02:15 AM by Mnjul.
08-27-2004 02:13 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus 3.10 API
A nomination for...
08-27-2004 10:17 AM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
What new plugin interface functions do you want Patchou to bring in the next version :gfdrin:
08-28-2004 04:05 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Actually there is one idea: event support. I have looked at the code needed for event support in C++ for Messenger, and I can't get my head round it. If Plus exposed an easier method of doing it, then mor epeople (including me) would write plugins that use the Messenger API.

Hope that's understandable.
08-28-2004 01:26 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
I'd just like to make sure I can update all my plugins ASAP when the next version comes out.
well, you can do that 2 days after the release day, that won't hurt. Besides, the current plugings that work with plus 3, will work also with 3.10; so your plugins will be updated when plus 3.10 is released (i mean: in case patchou changes the api, he'd only include new "features". Current ones will be the same)

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
What new plugin interface functions do you want Patchou to bring in the next version :gfdrin:
good idea ;)
quote:
Actually there is one idea: event support. I have looked at the code needed for event support in C++ for Messenger,
I agree, however the evet support could be done with exported functions, like parsecommand and similar ones; no need for a complex api interface
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
08-28-2004 02:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Actually there is one idea: event support. I have looked at the code needed for event support in C++ for Messenger,
I agree, however the evet support could be done with exported functions, like parsecommand and similar ones; no need for a complex api interface
That's sort of what I was thinking. Actually, it's better than what i was thinking of.
08-28-2004 05:24 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: