What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Plus! Suggestion!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Plus! Suggestion!
Author: Message:
Raa

O.P. Undecided  Plus! Suggestion!
Hi all,

I'm purdy sure this hasn't been done, but its almost NEEDED for a new version (are you watching Patchou? ;))

The suggestion is: When you set auto-accept for things, can we have a CHOICE of what to auto-accept?

I'm getting mighty annoyed with having 20 webcams or shared files running around the place because people either click webcam buttons or accidentally share files

I like to have people send me a file and I get it without having to be here - thats my main reason for having auto accept on.

So is there a way (or will it be included) to have the ability to say accept files, but not webcams or games etc?

Thanks for your time :D

Raa.
08-29-2004 11:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Plus! Suggestion!
i think this would be a good idea as well
hope it gets implemented ;)
08-29-2004 11:35 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
Auto-accept everything --> PRIVACY ?!
Auto Accept "Troubles?"
Feature Request!

Conclusion :

search the forum before posting

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/basicsearch.php
08-29-2004 11:59 AM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
this is a very commen request already.. i know how it would feel if u are on msn and u say afk getting dressed :-D lol... this is a must and it doesnt seem so hard
08-29-2004 03:20 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

37 / Other / –
quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
this is a very commen request already.. i know how it would feel if u are on msn and u say afk getting dressed :-D lol... this is a must and it doesnt seem so hard

i agree with DangerXone coz its indeed really annoying when that does happin and somethime i get disconnected by it dunno why but its happining to me;S
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
08-29-2004 03:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
hmm... u shouldnt get disconnected by it... but thanks for agreeing with me :-D if its not possible to make the auto accept for only a certain thing then i suggest u remove it completly... but you will figure away... in my mind its not even a problem! well because i dont use it lol
08-29-2004 03:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
i agree with DangerXone coz its indeed really annoying when that does happin and somethime i get disconnected by it
Weird...You mean disconnect from MSN, or the auto-accept feature you just were invited to? Maybe you should make a separate bug report?
quote:
if its not possible to make the auto accept for only a certain thing then i suggest u remove it completly
Why remove a feature that could be useful for some people? Even if a few people aren't happy with it, they can just turn it off if they don't want to use it...Some people always will, think of businesses...

Patchou did say that he was going to include this in an update, I believe it will be in September's 3.10, hopefully...

quote:
in my mind its not even a problem! well because i dont use it
You imagine the problem this place would have if we only solved problems that applied to you? Could you refrain from saying this type of thing?
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-29-2004 04:05 PM
Raa

O.P. RE: Plus! Suggestion!
Okay peeps, dont get too caught up in it now :)

Firstly : My bad for not searching :$ I'm normally good about that, it slipped my mind this time. But its still good to refresh people's minds yes? hehe :)

Now I dont know why you'd want to remove such a good feature, I was simply suggesting an improvement, and as it was already mentioned you could simply turn off the feature if you dont like it. (its defaulted that way IIRC...)

Anyways, all im saying is its a cool idea to have a mad improvement to this feature, and it seems to be well accepted too.

So quick Patchou! Bring on Plus 3.10 already haha :D

Keep cool,
Raa.
08-30-2004 05:03 AM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^

i agree with DangerXone coz its indeed really annoying when that does happin and somethime i get disconnected by it dunno why but its happining to me;S

Yeah..if my computers lagging and someone comes online and decides to invite me to a webcam my msn wont respond, you know on windows xp "msn messenger...not responding" its annoying. and i like the suggestion here. it'd be cool:p I like the feature of auto accept, just not how my laggy computer responds to the webcam invites. :) i forget what i said and i cant be arse to read it:p
08-30-2004 05:33 AM
michael_m91

33 / Male / –
Dodgy  RE: Plus! Suggestion!
Yah i'd like to See this feature implemented as well because i don't like having it accept certain things

This post was edited on 09-05-2004 at 04:56 AM by michael_m91.

[Image: Email.JPG]
09-05-2004 04:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: