What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Hack Warning

Hack Warning
Author: Message:
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Shocked  Hack Warning
My mom is a yahoo acount user.  When she pressed the internet explorer, the homepage is www.yahoo.ca.  When the page loaded, where it says the name of the current user using their yahoo account it said, "lieswillgetu". She pressed mail and it showed their inbox and the persons name was Willie.  She closed is because she was scared what had happened.  Has anyone heard of this or knows if it a hack.  Plz get back to me as soon as you can.8o|

*as well, is it possible for someone to hack our internet account and use it for their own use?*

This post was edited on 08-31-2004 at 03:50 AM by LoochTheMan.
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

08-31-2004 03:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Hack Warning
quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
My mom is a yahoo acount user.  When she pressed the internet explorer, the homepage is www.yahoo.ca.  When the page loaded, where it says the name of the current user using their yahoo account it said, "lieswillgetu". She pressed mail and it showed their inbox and the persons name was Willie.  She closed is because she was scared what had happened.  Has anyone heard of this or knows if it a hack.  Plz get back to me as soon as you can.8o|

*as well, is it possible for someone to hack our internet account and use it for their own use?*
Its not a hack. Someone logged into the account on your computer or Yahoo screwed up the sessions thinking it came from your computer.
08-31-2004 04:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
It might be caused by a proxy (at your ISP or in a local network) that caches pages. When "lieswillgetu" was logged in, the proxy cached his/her pages, then when your mom requested the same pages, the proxy returned the cached versions.

I've seen this happen at my school with Yahoo. :p
08-31-2004 04:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
If this happens in future just refresh the page, or even better a deep refresh (Ctrl+F5)...
Believe me hacking accounts on a server that protected isn't that easy...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-31-2004 08:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: