What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Halo 2, half life, Videogames in general

Pages: (10): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
Halo 2, half life, Videogames in general
Author: Message:
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
RE: Halo 2, half life, Videogames in general
quote:
The few new games that have came out haven't been as good as they said they were going to be unfortunately, driv3r, san andreas ... its quite annoying really... San Andreas is amazing, no doubt, but it isn't really a big step from the other two, the graphics are crap for it.... I think that if you have the ai and technological crap from san andreas and the freedom from that, the darkness of gta 3, as it seems like that was the only real one that you felt like a gangster, and the levels from GTA: Vice City, and the vehicles from all 3 games.. that would be the ultimate Grand Theft Auto.

I loved GTA on Portland Island working for the mob. Now if GTA 3 stayed like this through out then that would have been a far better game then it was (although it was brilliant anyways.) Vice City tied up No.3 a lot and still quite a high level of the mob were in the storyline. San An did nothing for the mob theme and made it's own storyline (apart from a few things later on.)

Now if GTA 3's storyline was extended into the full game, the game had the sheer size of San An and the gameplay of San An we would be talking about the greatest game of all time IMO (which I would certainly love to see.) :P

This post was edited on 11-15-2004 at 09:51 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
11-15-2004 09:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
I loved GTA on Portland Island working for the mob. Now if GTA 3 stayed like this through out then that would have been a far better game then it was (although it was brilliant anyways.) Vice City tied up No.3 alot and still quite a high level of the mob were in the storyline. San An did nothing for the mob theme and made it's own storyline (apart from a few things later on.)

Now if GTA 3's storyline was extended into the full game, the game had the sheer size of San An and the gameplay of San An we would be talking about the greatest game of all time IMO (which I would certainly love to see.):P
The good thing that they've done though is linked all of the three games together in one way or another... I like the way they have done this.
11-15-2004 09:56 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
The good thing that they've done though is linked all of the three games together in one way or another... I like the way they have done this.

The only reason they haven't made it one full game I think is too make more money. Well my hats of to R* as they have made a lot of money but I would much rather see R* making a game to last for the ages. The GTA series has dragged on for too long I mean think about how many GTA games have there been? There have been 5 GTA games the series should really stop with this game they are supposedly making for PS3 or XBox 2.

This post was edited on 11-15-2004 at 10:06 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
11-15-2004 10:05 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
GTA series has dragged on for too long I mean think about how many GTA games have there been? There have been 5 GTA games the series should really stop with this game they are supposedly making for PS3 or XBox 2.
Why would they stop? The GTA series is one of the most popular games for PS2, and with the recent release of GTA 5, and seeing how popular it is, why would they stop?  Their in it for the money, and I'd bet their making some very decent coin off the new game.  I hope they never stop making GTA games, new ones always have new stuff to do, it gives you something different to do, which is nice.   
11-16-2004 07:24 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
The only reason they haven't made it one full game I think is too make more money. Well my hats of to R* as they have made a lot of money but I would much rather see R* making a game to last for the ages. The GTA series has dragged on for too long I mean think about how many GTA games have there been? There have been 5 GTA games the series should really stop with this game they are supposedly making for PS3 or XBox 2.

All companies are purely out there to make more money, microsoft are in it for the money, everything is about money, all they want is the money out of our pockets.  They have made a lot of decent games though, but they're most recognised for the Grand Theft Auto series because its a string of some of the most popular games that have ever been released, can't you see it?

I don't think that the Grand theft auto series has been going on for too long, I think that its awesome, and they should carry on, I agree completely with proxy... They might stop, but when they no longer love money.
11-16-2004 07:33 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Well, my dear guys.
I played Halo 2 yesterday and I have to say it's nothing compared to HL2 (which I bought today). It seems like every wall and every texture is a peace of art. And everything that happens is full of details.
Lips move following what's said... In any language! Everything has volume and everything you can grab you do grab. There's always more than one way to solve a part while interacting or not with your environment.

For example:
Remember those mosnsters that stick to the ceiling with a long tong hanging down that caught you and leeched your blood? Well, you can kill one or two with your gun without wasting to much ammo. But 5 is a bit tougher. Now take a look around. You se a flammable barrel you could use if enemies where cloe enough, or if these monsters were a bit closer to the floor. Hm... you grab it... and throw it to the tongues. Then one or two of them fight for pulling the barrel up and trying to lecch whatever it has. Interesting, before they see it's just a fuel barrel, you shoot once and... boom. 5 monsters less and a free way.

And things like this everywhere!

It's so amazing... It's cheaper than Halo and so much, much better.

Just try it out ;)
11-16-2004 08:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2! I got Half Life 2!

Collectors Edition! :-D

Does HL2 have multiplayer?
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
11-16-2004 09:24 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by wj
Does HL2 have multiplayer?

Aw sure man!! :P
11-16-2004 09:27 PM
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
i got half life2 today as well over Steam its really good. and yes there is a multi player but its counter-strike source so it doesnt use any of the good weapons in half life2 like the gravity gun:(. dont worry though if you have bought half life 2 its more than just a game you can play once or twice. its an investment when halo2 or gta san andrease are long gone i and others around the world will still be playing the many mods of half life 2. its going to be so good!!!!!
[Image: vistasig9ys.jpg]
11-16-2004 10:13 PM
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
I still play Half-Life 1 so :-P

I was hoping there was a Half-Life Native multiplayer (non-counter strike) Hopefully someone will make a decent mod to bring the native HL2 to multiplayer fun :-D
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
11-16-2004 10:25 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: