What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » oh my god...

oh my god...
Author: Message:
shifuimam

O.P. oh my god...
Hi, yeah, all I wanted to say was that this program sucks ass because, as your users may not know, it's infested with shitloads and shitloads of adware and spyware. Ad-Watch went completely insane when I installed it. All I wanted to do was get rid of ads in MSN Messenger and what do I get instead? A night of trying to clean my harddrive of all the CRAP this program is trying to install.

Thank you SO much.
09-12-2004 03:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
RE: oh my god...
actually...its optional "shitloads and shitloads of adware and spyware."

and its not spyware...its just an OPTIONAL sponser program to put a little moolla in patchous pocket :S
09-12-2004 04:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
1. don't swear.
2. read the text above "accept" and "i do not accept" when you install plus
3. take a look at this thread http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
09-12-2004 04:01 AM
shifuimam

O.P. RE: oh my god...
let's see here...I simply find it really lame that a program written to REMOVE ADS comes packaged with adware.

Not nice adware...mean adware. Why would i install an app to get rid of ads when all it does is give me more.

Adware is adware. Modifying the app with a hex editor took all of five seconds and was hella easier than this POS.
09-12-2004 04:40 AM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
like, click HERE to see waht you missed about waht the sponser is about. OPTIONAL sponser...its your choice to install it, you obviously chose, "I AGREE. install the sponser program" not, "i refuse, do not install the sponser program" (unsure of quotes)

Dont bitch at us and diss messengerplus just because you didnt read the installer agreement, we already know that people dont read it, we get lots of complaints. this may teach you to read the installer before clicking "next" a bunch of times... :undecided:
09-12-2004 04:46 AM
shifuimam

O.P. RE: oh my god...
ahaha i'm not near as dumb as you think i am.

I still stand by what i say in that an anti-ad program shouldn't be packaged with ad-ware. not my fault the creator wants some bling blingy site to make himself feel better.

AIM+ never had adware and the site didn't even have adware...it's just software, people. stop trying to taint it.
09-12-2004 04:51 AM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
its not anti-ad:S it HIDES an ad in the msn window...Im sorry that you think that, and i know i cant change your opinion, but i think a bunch of us would like you to change your opinion on plus...its a great program, it really is...but, i guess osme people just get turned away by the sponser program.

Sorry :undecided:
09-12-2004 04:55 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
a program written to REMOVE ADS
Errrr... since when Messenger Plus! is a program written to remove ads? it is true that it has this featuer but it's not even on by default; I would hardly call that a ad-remover. If you want one of those cracks, go on mess.be, you'll find them there.

And as for the adrwares distributed with Plus!... yes, they are nice and neat adwares. In fact, I'm not afraid tosay that this C2Media package is probably one of the neatest adwares I've seen so far: doesn't add much in things in Windows, brings true services (the search bar is a marketing product but it still does a real search and automatic context-basedsearch while you navigate), and most of all, it can be unisntalled in 10 seconds by the click of a button.

If you disagree, that's probably because you'Ve never isntalled any other adware program (or spyware) in your life.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-12-2004 05:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
shifuimam, I suggest you take five minutes and actually *read* what people have to say. Then, you'll realise that Plus is *not* infested with adware, and you *do* have the option to *not install* it.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-12-2004 11:03 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by shifuimam
ahaha i'm not near as dumb as you think i am.
I don't think your dumb, and no one said you are...
If you haven't had any experience with adware in the past I can understand you not knowing about much in that area...
Now you can't deny that you carelessly installed Messenger Plus with the sponsor program, you accepted to install the adware and Patchou has posted clear advice in the thread http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598 here...
The optional sponsor program is there for Patchou to make a living, you can get rid of it whenever you want, you don't have to install it and it's the lightest adware out there...I don't get the problem...

quote:
Originally posted by shifuimam
AIM+ never had adware and the site didn't even have adware...it's just software, people. stop trying to taint it.
No, AIM+ never contained adware, but it was actually found to contain spyware that allowed the author to gather connection information about his users...So before you go saying that Messenger Plus! contains an optional bit of adware and saying AIM+ is better you may want to read this http://www.securiteam.com/securitynews/5BP020A7FO.html
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
09-12-2004 11:22 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: