What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Shutdown Computer Plugin (Screen Shots)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Shutdown Computer Plugin (Screen Shots)
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Shutdown Computer Plugin (Screen Shots)
I dont think this is a very good plugin...........it may be somehow reversed coded and used to gain the password and remotely shutdown the computer. I seriously recommend this plugin stay underground and only be given to trusted sources and those who ask for it.
09-13-2004 10:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Shutdown Computer Plugin (Screen Shots)
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I dont think this is a very good plugin...........it may be somehow reversed coded and used to gain the password and remotely shutdown the computer. I seriously recommend this plugin stay underground and only be given to trusted sources and those who ask for it.
How do you know how I coded it. You have to give the password to the person before it will even attempt to shutdown. And your given the option on shutting down if the password is right. Please dont try and say that the person could get your password cause they cant, and even if they do you can deny it. Also why do you think I made an Allow list. people that are not authorized by you cannot shut down your computer.
09-13-2004 10:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
quote:
How do you know how I coded it. You have to give the password to the person before it will even attempt to shutdown. And your given the option on shutting down if the password is right. Please dont try and say that the person could get your password cause they cant, and even if they do you can deny it. Also why do you think I made an Allow list. people that are not authorized by you cannot shut down your computer.

Hey im not trying to bring down your plugin. Im just saying there are VERY skilled people on the internet and this could make a wrong turn. I like the whole idea of it but (since i think it requires both parties to have the pluging) i will not pass this around to ANYONE because of the security reasons. I just dont feel this is a very safe plugin regardless of how u coded it or all of the measures uve taken. Think of it; Windows with a BIG company such as Microsoft and it has security exploits. And this plugin with one dev doesnt?.....

Im just expressing my opinion and what i feel about the plugin. So people feel free to download it whenever you want and use it with your friends.
09-13-2004 11:55 PM
OfF3nSiV3

RE: RE: Shutdown Computer Plugin (Screen Shots)
quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
quote:
Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3
hum i tried to get this working but i guess it doesn't work on 2000
and i don't like that the message needs to begin with strange characters that u can't type..=P
not pratical
Sorry to say if you have programmed any plugins for plus! you know that it has to text that the plugin can identify and so what that i chose ?¿?¿? :P

Can't it just identify Attemping Shtudown?
Without an ascii table i can't make that ? upside down..maybe u could choose something like \! =P
09-14-2004 12:33 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Shutdown Computer Plugin (Screen Shots)
I will change it then when I fix the shutdown in 2000
09-14-2004 12:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Think of it; Windows with a BIG company such as Microsoft and it has security exploits. And this plugin with one dev doesnt?.....
just for that reason this plugins IS secure: Windows has about 50000000 lines of code. It is very easy that there are bugs, but this plugins has.. how many lines? I bet that no more than 5000. It's a very small piece of software, with a very clear function to perform and I know it has been very tested since its begining. So the plugins is secure.
quote:
Without an ascii table i can't make that ? upside down..
:lol: ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
you don't have the right keyboard :refuck:
anyway, you don't have to write it. It's just an internal code that the user should not care about it :)
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
09-15-2004 07:11 PM
OfF3nSiV3

RE: RE: Shutdown Computer Plugin (Screen Shots)
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Think of it; Windows with a BIG company such as Microsoft and it has security exploits. And this plugin with one dev doesnt?.....
just for that reason this plugins IS secure: Windows has about 50000000 lines of code. It is very easy that there are bugs, but this plugins has.. how many lines? I bet that no more than 5000. It's a very small piece of software, with a very clear function to perform and I know it has been very tested since its begining. So the plugins is secure.
quote:
Without an ascii table i can't make that ? upside down..
:lol: ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
you don't have the right keyboard :refuck:
anyway, you don't have to write it. It's just an internal code that the user should not care about it :)

hum what i want to do, is to be able to shutdown my home computer, let's say, from a MSN from university if i want to..
so, i do need to write those things as in uni msgplus and this plugin are not available
09-15-2004 08:32 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
hum what i want to do, is to be able to shutdown my home computer, let's say, from a MSN from university if i want to..
so, i do need to write those things as in uni msgplus and this plugin are not available
ahh! I get you now ;). Well, the answer is yes. You'll have to write the character whose ascii code is 18 (if i'm not mistaken), the ?¿?¿? and then the message. however there are 2 problems: 1st: the character 18 is quite complex to put in a conversation window. You'll have to copy-paste it. (you can't do alt + 18) and 2nd: you need someone at home who accepts the shutdown and clicks the button.

edit: can't you install plus in the uni? you can install it in noadmin mode (if you aren't an admin this will be the default mode of the installation, and it you are, you can trigger it using the /NoAdmin switch)

This post was edited on 09-15-2004 at 08:53 PM by Choli.
09-15-2004 08:51 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
correction:

quote:
1st: the character 18 is quite complex to put in a conversation window. You'll have to copy-paste it. (you can't do alt + 18)
¿ = ALT-0191 (don't forget the 0), so it can perfectly be typed in the convo window.

(only, IMHO, maybe the length of "?¿?¿?" should be changed for more easyness, to "?¿" for example...)

edit: ignore all above, I didn't say this :p my thoughts were drifting away and I babbled random crap :p

quote:
2nd: you need someone at home who accepts the shutdown and clicks the button.
nope... it's the opposite, the user at home can cancel it before the delay ends. (otherwise it wouldn't be much of a use for a remote plugin ;))

[Image: 5.gif]

This post was edited on 09-16-2004 at 08:21 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-15-2004 09:00 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
¿ = ALT-0191 (don't forget the 0), so it can perfectly be typed in the convo window.

(only, IMHO, maybe the length of "?¿?¿?" should be changed for more easyness, to "?¿" for example...)
I didn't meant the ¿ symbol, but the ascii 18, the one that is always the first in messages sent by plugins so it is recogniced at the other side.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
nope... it's the opposite, the user at home can cancel it before the delay ends. (otherwise it wouldn't be much of a use for a remote plugin )
ah! ok, didn't know that
09-15-2004 09:39 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend