What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Oversized Avatar plugin not working.

Oversized Avatar plugin not working.
Author: Message:
Hailfall

O.P. Oversized Avatar plugin not working.
So I tried downloading the Oversized Avatar plugin..

The first time I installed it had totally blacked out my PC and I had to do a system restore to fix it.

Now I tried installing it again and It doesn't seem to work. I have it installed in the right folder I am sure of that.. since I can access it in the Plus! tab but I cannot see the changes (A.I I cannot see a big Avatar.. )

09-12-2004 07:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
michael_m91

32 / Male / –
RE: Oversized Avatar plugin not working.
quote:
Originally posted by Hailfall
installing it again and It doesn't seem to work. I have it installed in the right folder I am sure of that.. since I can access it in the Plus! tab but I cannot see the changes (A.I I cannot see a big Avatar.. )

I dunno but does System Restore Really work? I mean it doesnt change the Files you have so would'nt it screw up your computer more?

If so thast may be the reason your having problems

Newly added info by michael_m91

I believe that the large display pics just make it so it doesnt cut off your picture, I don't think it makes it bigger

This post was edited on 09-12-2004 at 07:44 PM by michael_m91.

[Image: Email.JPG]
09-12-2004 07:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
wtbw-plug (which gave oversized DPs) DOES NOT work with the latest versions of MSN Messenger. However, StuffPlug NG has this feature, and works in any version of MSN. u can find it in the Plugins forum.
09-12-2004 07:48 PM
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
quote:
So I tried downloading the Oversized Avatar plugin..
There is no such "Oversized Avatar" plugin, could you please provide us with the exact name if the plugin? As there are several plugins (or versions of..) that can do this, while not all are the most compatible.. (for example wtbwplug).
If you want the best choice to do this, go to
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=30009
and get the latest Stuffplug-NG. It is still under development though, so not an official stable release as of yet.
quote:
(A.I I cannot see a big Avatar.. )
You won't see a big avatar. What happens is, if you add a picture which has a size other than 96x96px (the default MSN Messenger Display Picture size), the plugin will ask you whether you want MSN Messenger to resize the picture (as it would normally automatically do) or whether you want to keep it's original size (which would cause your DP to be either bigger or smaller, depending on, yes.... whatever it was =P). After that, the DP will appear in the list and you'll be able to pick it.
Please note that you won't see that it's bigger. You'll see the picture with the size adjusted somehow (method of size adjustment depends on where you look, either the DP list or your DP on the right side of the conversation box, next to where you type). Only the contact you're talking to will notice a diffrent size of your display picture!
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
09-12-2004 07:50 PM
Hailfall

O.P. RE: Oversized Avatar plugin not working.
Well I had to do a system restore because MSN wasnt starting up anymore or it kept showing as pitchblack..

That was fixed after the system restore..

The MSN oversized avatar makes the avatar a lot bigger since I can see that with my friends.. but I cant see mine bigger..

Oh wait.. now I figured out..  My Avatar works now..

I had to readd my avatar and then it asks if I want to change the size or not..
09-12-2004 07:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: