What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Messenger freezes upon windows log-on

Messenger freezes upon windows log-on
Author: Message:
Jibu

O.P. Undecided  Messenger freezes upon windows log-on
Alright, ever since I installed messenger plus, I've been having some problems loading msn upon starting my computer.  The program would load into the tray but then the tray icon would freeze and not sign on or open the messenger after I dial into my ISP.  After about 1 or 2 minutes, it somehow unfreezes and msn messenger allows me to sign in.  I tried uninstalling messenger plus then it started working fine.  I mainly use messenger plus because I want to open my hotmail inbox in my mozilla browser.  Without messenger plus, it would open in Internet Explorer.  Does anyone have any solutions?  Or is this just a bug that still needs to be fixed? Thanks!
09-12-2004 05:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger freezes upon windows log-on
Did you have any Plugins that you had installed for Plus! to use?
09-12-2004 05:12 PM
Jibu

O.P. RE: Messenger freezes upon windows log-on
Yes, I have the Screenshot sender 3, Audiator3, Color Nick v2, and StuffPlug-NG plug-ins installed.
09-12-2004 05:15 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger freezes upon windows log-on
You could try removing them and testing with Plus! (without any plugins). What could be happening is the Plugins get to a certain part of their code and hang when that happens everything hangs.

That could be your porblem there.
09-12-2004 05:40 PM
Jibu

O.P. RE: RE: Messenger freezes upon windows log-on
quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
You could try removing them and testing with Plus! (without any plugins). What could be happening is the Plugins get to a certain part of their code and hang when that happens everything hangs.

That could be your porblem there.

I did what you suggested--disabling all of the plug-ins--but the same problem still occurs.  If I uninstall messenger Plus, msn messenger loads fine.  As long as messenger plus is installed, even without plug-ins, it still freezes for the first couple of minutes that it loads.  After it unfreezes, I end up having to right click on the tray icon and sign in manually, instead if auto-signing in...:(
09-29-2004 06:52 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: