What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Spyware

Spyware
Author: Message:
michael_m91

33 / Male / –
O.P. Spyware
First i'd like you all to know that I believe this belongs in Tech Tak not General Chit Chat because this has to do with computing and Technology.

Now I know alot of you are asking about whether or not somthing is spyware.

Although this is good asking other people if somthing is spyware, you should check some websites before you ask other people.

There are a few things you can do to check is a program is spyware...
[list=1]
[*]You can check with Spy Checker
[*]You can search google, like this "Messenger Plus Spyware" and see what you find
[/list]

A few other ways to protect youself from viruses,trojans, worms, spyware, and adware is to download or buy the following programs:

• Lavasoft - Adaware
    This is a tool that searches and finds all sorts of spyware and adware on your pc.
  • Zone Alarm
    Zone Alarm Is a Software Firewall Program that gives you control to what comes in and what goes out of your computer
  • Symantec.com
    This is the website of Norton Antivirus. Although you can't download anything here you can get information on antivirus software and use their Free Online Virus Scanner

[Image: Email.JPG]
09-13-2004 03:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
RE: Spyware
isnt this all advertising? :S half of us know...and people wont read this, they're too furious because they cant read an installer.
09-13-2004 03:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
michael_m91

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Spyware
quote:
Originally posted by marissa
isnt this all advertising? :S half of us know...and people wont read this, they're too furious because they cant read an installer.

Sorry i'f you feel that this is advertising, I asure you I did not intend it to be, but more a recsource of things to help protect against viruses,trojans, worms, spyware, and adware, ect.

I'm sorry if you misinterpreted it

This post was edited on 09-13-2004 at 03:56 AM by michael_m91.

09-13-2004 03:55 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The one and only protection that works without making your whole system either very unstable or either very paranoid is simple: just be careful of what you install. Microsoft was forced toadd all sorts of protection in their recent new IE release because people install anything they're prompted to and then complain that their computer is a garbage can. I personally install all sorts of programs and I can tell you that I have never had any bad surprise. Needless to say that I don't kill my system by continuously running protections such as Adaware or SpyBotSD. Even the worst adware/spyware program will prompt a confirmation before being installed, it's up to you to protect yourself if you don't want these programs.

Oh, and last notes.. most of the times, the nasty spywares are distributed with file sharing programs. Do everyone a favor and go buy your CD and DVD at the store, they are certified 100% spyware free.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-13-2004 06:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
michael_m91

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Spyware
Thats a good point, Patchou if everyone reads what their being asked by the installer, if you agree to install somthing withoth reading what your getting then don't get angry at the company for putting stuff on your computer.

Second like Patchou already made a note on, downloading programs such as Kazaa, Bearshare, Winmx, Morpheous(however you spell it), and much more i did not mention. All have spyware and adware with their installer, somtimes it tells you in the licence agreement because then it's legal for them to add the software and they know you won't read it.

So safest thing is go out to the store(it can't take to much time now) and buy the cd.

Lastly I'd like to say to everyone that Messeger Plus! by Patchou is NOT spyware but a sponcer program to keep Messenger Plus! running, you can choose wheater or not you wan't to install it.

One final note, Thankyou Patchou for all your good work, keep it up

09-13-2004 12:47 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
programs such as Kazaa, Bearshare, Winmx, Morpheous(however you spell it), and much more i did not mention. All have spyware and adware with their installer
WinMX doesn't have spyware/adware with it's installer.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-13-2004 02:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Damn, but I gotta agree with M_E...
There is no point posting a thread like this, believe it or not no one who this is any use to will actually read this thread...Probably everyone who hangs around here knows all this. And anyone who is slightly less able with computing in general probably won't have a reason to read this thread...

quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91

Lastly I'd like to say to everyone that Messeger Plus! by Patchou is NOT spyware but a sponcer program to keep Messenger Plus! running, you can choose wheater or not you wan't to install it.
Again, there are already threads about this loaded all over the forum, yours isn't going to be special...

It's nice that you would try and help people like this, but it's of no use to anyone, I ask anyone who finds this thread helpful to reply and say so...

And I mustn't be the only one who's thought this, wtf is up with those colours? Is there a point to them?
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
09-13-2004 04:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
michael_m91

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Spyware
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Again, there are already threads about this loaded all over the forum, yours isn't going to be special...

It's nice that you would try and help people like this, but it's of no use to anyone, I ask anyone who finds this thread helpful to reply and say so...

I know there is threads that say "MsgPlus Spyware" I'm hoping that lots of people will look at this one before they post more threads like that. That way there won't be as many threads on this topic.

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
And I mustn't be the only one who's thought this, wtf is up with those colours? Is there a point to them?

To make it easier to read and I mainly just felt like it this morning.

09-13-2004 07:57 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: