What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Two plugin ideas

Two plugin ideas
Author: Message:
Osiris

www.sonsofra.co.uk

36 / Male / –
O.P. Two plugin ideas
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if these two suggestions where possible as plugins... and if anyone could make them? (or if they've already been done. didnt find anything in forum search)  :)

1) A plugin like WMPlus but for Sony OpenMG Jukebox,  you probably havent heard of it, its for NetMDs but i just love the layout of it, and i also have 1500 songs (all legal) in it in playlists (which arent compatible with other players). so it would be alot of unwanted hassle to transfer them all to another player (and i would still miss its great layout).

2) this second one is probably impossible... for numerous reasons. but what about a plugin that told you when people  had there status set to away but are not away because they are talking to people.

Thankyou if you read this and reply :),
                                                       -Drakir

PS i dont know if this is any help but you can download the OpenMG source codes from sony http://www.openmg.com/technical_information/index.html (however im not really sure what a source code is.. or if it will help.. just sounded useful tbh)

This post was edited on 09-14-2004 at 11:35 AM by Osiris.
[Image: osisig.jpg]
09-14-2004 11:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Two plugin ideas
quote:
Originally posted by Drakir
1) A plugin like WMPlus but for Sony OpenMG Jukebox,  you probably havent heard of it, its for NetMDs but i just love the layout of it, and i also have 1500 songs (all legal) in it in playlists (which arent compatible with other players). so it would be alot of unwanted hassle to transfer them all to another player (and i would still miss its great layout).
Problem is the fact that this isn't really a demanding feature that anyone will need. The main reason plugins are made are because of the demand that they are needed. If only one person needs it, it's probably more likely you'll have to learn VB yourself and the Messenger plus API
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
09-14-2004 11:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Osiris

www.sonsofra.co.uk

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Two plugin ideas
yeah, i recognise that ill probably be the sole user of this plugin.. but you can always hope *-) .. though i would be very surprised if anyone did make it.. because as you say its not goign to be in high demand. anyway, thanks for the quick reply.

-Drakir
[Image: osisig.jpg]
09-14-2004 11:44 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
2) this second one is probably impossible... for numerous reasons. but what about a plugin that told you when people  had there status set to away but are not away because they are talking to people.
You're right: this is impossible without hacking the protocol.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-14-2004 12:47 PM
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
quote:
Inversively; you can reshack msnmsgr.exe and make sure it displays the Idle status as Idle, instead of Away (MSN Messenger masks it as away), then you would know for sure that the people are away (idle), because one cannot set a status of idle; it goes on idle whenever you haven't touched your keyboard for x seconds.

Two 'problems' :
- When a contact is Away in a non-Idle way, he may still be AFK, but have set his status to Away; therefore, you can't be sure that Away means he's still on the pc (because it isn't Idle), you can only know that Idle means he's *really* away.
- Some plugins/MSN Messenger clones allow you to manually set yourself as Idle, thus if your contact manually set his status to Idle like this, you would think he's really away, while he just set himself as it, and could still be there. Luckily, this is a very uncommon/rare scenario, you almost needn't take this into account, and most often, you should be aware of the contact's ability to do this (almost no MSN Messenger user has this ability, as there simply are no plugins etc to do this).

That's as far as I can help you with this.
~lhun
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
09-14-2004 12:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: