What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » trojan included in msgplus???

trojan included in msgplus???
Author: Message:
niqhsieh

O.P. Huh?  trojan included in msgplus???
A friend of mine told me that msgplus seems to have included a trojan backdoor program.. is this true? she was like " my friend is a computer service engineer who detects some trojan viruses within msgplus program"... but i have been using msgplus for almost one year... ???

09-15-2004 02:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: trojan included in msgplus???
No. The only thing that comes with Messenger Plus! is the OPTIONAL sponser program. Which is in the setup if you want to install or not...You get the FULL program if you chose not to install the sponser program. The sponser program is only a Toolbar in your web browser...Hope this helps :).
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-15-2004 02:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: trojan included in msgplus???
quote:
Originally posted by niqhsieh
A friend of mine told me that msgplus seems to have included a trojan backdoor program.. is this true? she was like " my friend is a computer service engineer who detects some trojan viruses within msgplus program"... but i have been using msgplus for almost one year... ???
Messenger Plus! contains an optional sponsor application that obviously you have a choice of installing. No there is no virus or backdoor trojan in the program. AVG does however detect the sponsor install as a trojan which it is not. Patchou has contacted AVG about it and they didn't seem to eager to fix it. So to clear up your question no Messenger Plus! does not have a backdoor trojan included. Please advise  your friend that if he/she is running AVG that it will give off false reports.

By the way, Welcome to the forums :wave:

Since that was your first post I wont be as harsh, but this question has been asked and discussed multiple times. We do have a search feature on the board that will allow you to search and trust me you will find this question.

Here is a link to the search (http://shoutbox.menthix.net/basicsearch.php)

This post was edited on 09-15-2004 at 02:22 AM by matty.
09-15-2004 02:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: