What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » MSGplus and the adaware

MSGplus and the adaware
Author: Message:
mweijts

O.P. MSGplus and the adaware
Why you use that ad shit in youre Program
I try to remove this shit on 4 PC's and cannot remove this shit.

Maybe its better for default install to go without the ad ware and gives an option to install the ad ware and if you want to install gives a warning about risk of system instability because that adaware slowdowns youre computer.

It tries to open IExplorer and the virusscanner is continu blocking IExplorer
IExplorer is continu opening automatic when i close it
There are two of them running in taskmanager's

And at Last

Many Children are installing MSG plus without the knowledge what ad-software is doing on there Computer.
Is that the way you want to get paid for youre program.
Its better to make it shareware or freeware and remove that ad shit.

You may always say,why are you installing my program i don't use youre program but only see that the advertising shit is making a lot of trouble in computers.
And you trust the adware ????:o)

Maybe you can change youre live and make a better product

:@BECAUSE MSGplus =ADWARE,MALWARE:@(N)8o|

you can make a better product like

MSGPLUS the best addonn without the whole shit;)

*swearing in title.

This post was edited on 09-19-2004 at 04:12 PM by Johnny_Mac.
09-16-2004 07:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: MSGplus and the adaware shit
It is not adaware...It seems to me that you have installed the OPTIONAL sponser program. It is JUST  a toolbar in internet explorer....To uninstall the sponser program go to start>settings>add/remove programs and select Messenger Plus! in the list..Then run the set up again. On step 3 it asks do you want to install the sponser program..Select no.....You still get the full version of the program without installing the OPTIONAL sponser...:)

[Image: mp3_sponsoroption.png]

This post was edited on 09-16-2004 at 07:12 PM by RebelSean.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-16-2004 07:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mweijts

O.P. RE: MSGplus and the adaware shit
That software you named sponsor is REAL SHIT

A good programmer will not use shitsoftware like that in there programs.

You don't see the reality what happens on computers when the are installing youre program.

I See it every day and MSGplus is one of that programs what have that shit in the program.

A good Program don't need SPY/MAL/Adware
A Good programmer don't want a bad name because of SPY/MAL/Adware
09-16-2004 07:19 PM
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
Every download of Msgplus has the optional sponsor program. You just have to decline it as shown here:

[Image: mp3_sponsoroption.png]

The ad-ware included in msgplus does nothing more then install ads.

When a good programer releases a good quality product for free, they have to do something to pay the bills and this is Patchou's solution! So, follow the instructions provided by sean and install msgplus and rather then volintarily (sp?) installing the sponsor, Decline it and enjoy.

On another note, The ad-ware will not cause system instablity unless it's already unstable or you attempt to remove it the wrong way (adaware, s&d, hijackthis)

This post was edited on 09-16-2004 at 07:30 PM by wj.
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
09-16-2004 07:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
The Napster

I seriously need to change this pic

– / Male / –
Just choose not to install the sponsor program, it will still instal Plus!

Jeez, none reads the licence agreements anymore. Even i rarely do :p

Hope Patchou will clear the dialog box up a bit. To make it more obvious to people like me :D
[Image: globesig2.png]
09-16-2004 07:30 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
lol how obvious do you want it, i think its already blatantly obvious :|!!! I mean do you want Patchou to program it where the "I accept, install the sponsor" flashes violently and moves around the screen so you DEFINITLY know =/!!!

I say if you can't understand a simple sentence like that, then its your own fault, Patchou has already made it so clear to users what is going to happen on there computer with each option. If you don't head this and then blame it on Patchou for not making it clear enough because you think your so good so it must be hard to interprut! Then you are wrong!!

lol all you have to do is read it while you install! come on people its simple! It doesn't even come preselected, so you must read them both and click on the one before install! seesh
Chestah!

This post was edited on 09-16-2004 at 09:13 PM by Chestah.
Segosa is newb.
09-16-2004 09:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sizzleman45

NOOoo don't kill me with the mactte

34 / Male / –
It not so bad you just need to get use to it and what the hell is malware i have adware it got read of it your svg or s&d search and destroy DUH!!!!
Excuse me...have you seen my sanity? I think I lost it • Death is instant, Pain will end, glory is forever • 
09-16-2004 10:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
coolvi

Interesting point on children's perspective. They're lacking the habit of reading documentation that comes with anything and the proper knowledge about sponsor ware.

Actually, more intermediate or even advanced users could make similar mistakes, but for different causes.

I accidentally installed them the first time I used MsgPlus. I'm sure like a lot, I'm used to installing many programs so clicking "next" in a hurry during the process seems pretty natural to me. When I was greeted by the sponsor ware screen, my first reaction was that it was just a typical user's license agreement (quick decision given that I deemed there was nothing atypical about msgPlus), but...you know the story.

(H)

I'm not complaining, though, as users should be grateful for a good program and its programmers should be rewarded. Therefore I'm planning to get some MsgPlus! wares so next time it'll be more convincingly and comfortably for me to refuse installing those sponsor ware. :D
09-19-2004 03:55 PM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mweijts
A good programmer will not use shitsoftware like that in there programs.
Yes, Patchou needs that. Messenger Plus! is Patchou's full time job, in a sense. If Patchou has got a job, he couldn't put so much time on Plus! and Plus! couldn't be so great. Or you can send him $30,000,000 dollars for him to live on. :)

This post was edited on 09-19-2004 at 03:59 PM by Mnjul.
09-19-2004 03:58 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: