What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Plus! Suggestion!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Plus! Suggestion!
Author: Message:
kynn00

Leader of The Freak Club.

– / Male / –
RE: Plus! Suggestion!
it might be helpful at some point, but, maybe just a plugin will do....
Join the freak club - PM me if interested.
[Image: freakclub_2.png]
09-05-2004 05:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus! Suggestion!
ok lets not stop there this can be taken even further than suggested. someone earlier said they dont like having 20 webcams going at once. ok so in addition to auto accepting only certain items put on limits. for example if i dont want anymore than 2 webcams going at once i can specify that plus only accepts the first 2 webcam requests it receives then any more after that can either be put in a queue so they wait until im finished before they get accepted or completely denied.

now then in p2p file sharing programs they have features to limit how many incoming and outgoing transfer you want at any one time so that your internet connection dont get slowed down after the limit is reached the rest of the requests go into a queue so if i get 30 peole trying to send me files at the same time i only want say 5 to be running at a time and the rest to go into a queue. could these options be added to this feature extension too?

another feature idea. however due to how messenger itself works it is possible that patchou wont be able to add this. if im in a group with say 5 people and someone sends me a file then a seperate convo is opened between me and them, now what if all 5 each send me a file, then 5 new convos open that then means i got 6 convos 1 with everyone as a group and 5 transfer convos, then cause im in 1-1 convos with each person for file transfers they start talking to me in the seperate convos forgeting about the group convo. is there a way to send all file transfers to a "file transfer manager" that managers all the transfers between all contacts that preferable cant be used for messaging so if all 5 people in the group send me files all there files go to the file transfer manager windows and they all stay in the group convo for chatting?

This post was edited on 11-10-2004 at 12:36 PM by stuartbennett.
11-10-2004 12:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: