What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Support animated smilies+avatars

Support animated smilies+avatars
Author: Message:
Ice_is_cold

O.P. Support animated smilies+avatars
Dont know if some-one posted this before me.. but couldnt find it in search.
Could it be possible that messenger+ has a standart plugin that allows and enables the sending of animated custom smilies and avatars. On this moment, msn only sends the first view of a costum smile/avatar and not the total animation, just like msn only allows smilies of 25x25 or smaller :S which is really anoying.

Animated avatars but could also be possible i guess. The webcam protocol also allows to send moving pictures. so... could also be possible for avatars??

I know there are plugins all over the web that allow sending of custom emo's but if i have a prog like that i have to tell everyone to download it, and most of the time the prog has a weird bug or something.
So what do you think :P

IcE

This post was edited on 05-15-2004 at 11:23 AM by Ice_is_cold.
msn is invented to mess with...
05-15-2004 11:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: Support animated smilies+avatars
Let's see, MSN MEssenger has an integrated feature to send custom emoticons done by yourself, downloaded whatsoever.

For animated DPs (Deluxe DPs) or animated smileys:

This is not possible, locally MSN Messenger does not allow them cropping the first frame. If we got a workaround it wouldn't help much: all images go through MSN servers that would detect that.

As for sizes, Messenger only allows 19x19 emoticons and 96x96 DPs. However you can look for wtbwplug in these forums. It is a MP! plugin that allows you to set such bigger or smaller emos and DPs (note that to see bigger DPs, there is no need to have the plugin  nor MP!installed, but for viewing bigger smileys others must).
05-15-2004 11:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
What if some kind of plug-in would place the DP over top of the current DP's and send them through a different protocol.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
05-15-2004 02:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TedoDude

– / Male / –
Then the other person would have to have the plugin, and if it is a plugin, Plus! too...

Some people are not keen on Plus! say it's rubbish... they don't know what they're missing, and after all my persuasion will just NOT install it!

Consequently, they could not see the animation, and perhaps it would wreck havok with their chat window - especially with animated CE's...

Right??? :P
Asus Crosshair, 4GB Ballistix, 4600+, 7600GT Overclocked, RAID1 160GB + extra 160GB disk, HVR1100 DVB-T Tuner, 2xOptical Drives
05-15-2004 06:59 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by TedoDude
Then the other person would have to have the plugin, and if it is a plugin, Plus! too...

Some people are not keen on Plus! say it's rubbish... they don't know what they're missing, and after all my persuasion will just NOT install it!

Consequently, they could not see the animation, and perhaps it would wreck havok with their chat window - especially with animated CE's...

Right??? :P

I said nothing about custom emot.'s :P And u'd need the plugin anyways if it wasn't an overlay. There could just be an "on error" code that just hides your aniamted emoticon and shows a non-animated one :P
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
05-15-2004 07:04 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Actually:

quote:
Animated Custom Emoticons

MSN Messenger 7 allows you to send Animated Emoticons. These emoticons are not send using the Animated PNG format (MNG) but using standard Animated GIFs. The MSN Object for such emoticons is exactly the same as normal emoticons.

There is a new header for sending those objects, but it appears MSGR7 will also accept sending those objects in the standard emoticon messages. It is recommended however that you use this new value, seeing as things might still change in the client and we are not certain it will remain working. The new content-type value is text/x-mms-animemoticon.

Note that the animation stops after one loop, so making looping animated gifs is useless, unless the user has their MSN Messenger tweaked to make the images loop forever.

- Siebe (BOT2K3 Team)

I actually have got a few animated emotes myself but not a very conventional way. Its just a matter of unlocking/adding an option to import them, sending them can already be done with the current protocol through the MSN Servers without any problems...
11-10-2004 09:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: