What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Plug-in Request/New MsgPlus Feature] Add all contacts with few clicks of the mouse..

[Plug-in Request/New MsgPlus Feature] Add all contacts with few clicks of the mouse..
Author: Message:
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Plug-in Request/New MsgPlus Feature] Add all contacts with few clicks of the mouse..
Okay Patchou here is a suggestion for the Contacts On Desktop feature...Here is what I propose....To be able to add ALL contacts with the click of a button, or like when you right click on the group name and it says Plus Extra's have a option to add all contacts to desktop...Theres #1...Here is #2, a option to be able to sort the contacts on the desktop by there status...Eg...1 colum for contacts Online, 1 colum for busy, 1 colum for away, ect...And a colum for Personalized Status....I think that would be awesome if you could put those in the next release of msgplus....

What do you guys think? yay or nay?

This post was edited on 09-21-2004 at 03:01 AM by WDZ.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-20-2004 01:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [split] add ALL contacts with the click of a button
Sounds alright to me, just keep suggestions in the right forum. Thanks seany. :P
09-20-2004 01:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [split] add ALL contacts with the click of a button
I just thought I would put that in the 3.20 thread instead of making another thread...:)

its sean :dodgy:
09-20-2004 01:29 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
#1) maybe, dunno... is it that hard to put them on the desktop? I mean, normaly putting mass contacts on the desktop is something you do only once, no?

#2) mind you that the floating contacts are all individual windows and thus objects. It isn't something like a list where you can sort things like you want. In order todo this, the windows must be moved all the time by Plus!, I don't think that's a good idea...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-20-2004 11:41 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
1) No. Not when you have 3 accounts, and each account has the contact list full to the max, it would kinda take long to put that many contacts on the desktop 1by1..

2)Why dont you think its a good idea? Just cause it would have to be moved by plus! all the time? :-/
09-20-2004 11:43 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
1) still, you would only do it once.... Once it is set up, you wont be deleting/re-adding 150 contacts constantly....

Furthermore, if you really are desperate (and lazy), just make a registry file to add to the registry:

code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\YOUR_MSN_EMAIL\Contacts\CtcDetach]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\YOUR_MSN_EMAIL\Contacts\CtcDetach\EMAIL_CONTACT_1]
"Email"="EMAIL_CONTACT_1"
"Detach"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\YOUR_MSN_EMAIL\Contacts\CtcDetach\EMAIL_CONTACT_2]
"Email"="EMAIL_CONTACT_2"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\YOUR_MSN_EMAIL\Contacts\CtcDetach\EMAIL_CONTACT_3]
"Email"="EMAIL_CONTACT_3"

etc... etc...
Making such a file can be done very rapidly if you know how to work with your keyboard, notepad (or Word would be even better) and copy/paste/replacing and using an exported contactlist as basis...

name the file something.REG, execute it and log out/in again in Messenger... done...

2) for several practical reasons. One would be, how on earth is Plus! going to determine which contact would be the topcontact in the "list" when your contacts are randomly placed on the desktop, or even in columns for that matter; How are you going to define which "column" is which. (If you don't understand this, then don't bother, it's hard to explain...)

This post was edited on 09-21-2004 at 02:01 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-20-2004 12:58 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
Hmmm

I don't know how to make reg stuff, and I don't realy like to mess with that stuff....Registry ect....So it would be more usefull it were added....:p...Specialy for people who don'tknow what they are doing, like me....Also I get your point for my 2nd suggestion :p
09-20-2004 09:22 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
What Cookie suggests would work perfectly.. just make sure to close Messengerbefore you change the settings though.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-20-2004 09:28 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Plug-in Request/New MsgPlus Feature] Add all contacts with few clicks of the mouse..
Would be nice if I knew what he was talking about..

Anyways, would anyone please make a plug-in to do this?!?!?
09-21-2004 03:05 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: