What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » MSN Messenger conflict with MSG Plus 3

MSN Messenger conflict with MSG Plus 3
Author: Message:
Juan Bengoa

O.P. MSN Messenger conflict with MSG Plus 3
Hi,

I have installed on my system (Windows XP Service pack 2), MSN Messenger 6.2 & when i install MSG Plus 3, it says me and error msg. like this:

You cant stablish a conversation with ">>>>PEOPLE<<<<"...

And when i uninstall MSG Plus 3!, Messenger back to the normally, and i have deduced that it's MSG Plus 3! who have the bug.

Thanks, and i want that you fix this problem, because always i use MSG Plus and its the better plugin that i have see.

DJ Raptor
10-22-2004 04:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Messenger conflict with MSG Plus 3
Have you installed any plugins with Messenger Plus!?

Typically this message is seen when you dont have the appropriate files needed to use the Handwriting Plugin.

Open MSN Messenger > Click Plus! > Preferences > Plugins > Uncheck Handwritting Plugin and restart MSN Messenger (exit from the tray) and restart it and all will be good.

Get the newest version of the Handwriting plugin here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32123

This post was edited on 10-22-2004 at 04:38 AM by matty.
10-22-2004 04:36 AM
Juan Bengoa

O.P. RE: MSN Messenger conflict with MSG Plus 3
I have been doing all that u say me. the problem is still active and i don't have more solution that uninstall MSG Plus!.

I have StuffPlug NG Installed and other Plug-in. I uninstall both but the problem still active.

Help me please.
10-23-2004 09:38 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Messenger conflict with MSG Plus 3
Hi Juan Bengoa,

I believe Matty's response was correct, and that it is the handwriting plug-in that is causing the problem, but that you might not have done what was needed to solve the problem. Make sure you did the unchecking just like Matty suggested.

If that doesn't work, then close down all Messenger related applications (press ctrl-alt-delete and end the tasks 'msmsgr.exe', 'msgplus.exe' and 'msnmsgr.exe' if you see them) and remove the file MsnHandWriting.dll from your Messenger Plus!\Plugins directory, most likely the default C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins.

More information can be found at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276, it's the link Matty also gave. I suggest you read that, if you haven't done so.

This should solve your problem :)

This post was edited on 10-23-2004 at 09:54 PM by Tochjo.
10-23-2004 09:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: