What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Cannot Start A Conversation

Cannot Start A Conversation
Author: Message:
cypherpunk

O.P. Cannot Start A Conversation
I can sign into MSN Messenger 6.2 with Messenger Plus! Successfully installed but when I double click on a name or when someone tries to talk to me it says, "We were unable to start a conversation with  [contacts name]. You may want to try again". (error screen shot attached)

Please note I do try again alot of times but it doesn't work.

Thank-you,
cypherpunk

.jpg File Attachment: error.jpg (11.28 KB)
This file has been downloaded 134 time(s).
09-20-2004 06:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Cannot Start A Conversation
Hi cypherpunk,

You didn't happen to install the handwriting plug-in earlier, have you? This plug-in is known to cause problems like that when installed on Windows 98/ME or other versions that (sometimes) don't support it or when it has been installed incorrectly.

If you have, try to disable it from the Plugins section in the Preferences window by disabling it (removing the checkmark). Then reboot your computer and see if the problem is fixed.

If not, close down all Messenger related applications and remove the file MsnHandWriting.dll from your Messenger Plus!\Plugins directory, most likely the default C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins.

More information can be found at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276, I suggest you read that.

If you do not remember installing the handwriting plug-in, it might be wise to try the solution mentioned above as well, as it may still apply to you. If this does not solve the problem, please give more detailed information (version numbers, did it happen out of the blue) :)
09-20-2004 07:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: