What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » no extra contact options

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
no extra contact options
Author: Message:
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: no extra contact options
quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Basically yes, but they may have other modifications too, for example, the one I'm using right now has also been patched so you can run multiple instances.
even then... banned-patch, polygamy, a few extra menus... those don't matter :-/
09-20-2004 08:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
You never know what has been modified...
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
09-20-2004 08:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
joshy04

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: no extra contact options
I have quite a few plugins:
Audiator 3
Broomop's
ColorNick v2
HandWriting Enabler
Matrix Sounds
Mike's l33tifier
Monty Python Sounds
Random Quote
RDM Speech for Messenger Plus!
Red Dwarf Sounds
Screenshot Sender 3
StuffPlug-NG
Worm Sounds

I have 2 that aren't loaded:
Moody
mppluginhopsi

The only things I have running in the background is my Antivirus software.
09-20-2004 08:15 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The reason for this problem is probably related to your tooltips... when you over on a contact in your list, do you get a tooltip with the email written inside it? (you wouldn't imagine what tricks Plus! uses sometimes to achieve its goals ;)). In the worstcase scenario, you can always right click on a contact and use the options from the "Messenger Plus! Extra" sub-menu.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-22-2004 03:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
joshy04

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: no extra contact options
well i'll be darned...i didnt know you could right-click and get the same effects as the plus! logo :P cheers patchou! keep up the good work! :D
09-22-2004 03:56 PM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
Have you tried closing Messenger, moving your plugins to another directory and then restarting Messenger? If it works then it's some plugin's fault.
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
09-22-2004 11:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
I use Futuristic MSN X 6.1, and Plus! works, so for future reference I don't think that the skin is the problem.
[Image: 7.png]
09-22-2004 11:38 PM
realrobley

– / Male / –
joshy04

[Image: need.gif]There are a number of things that could cause this, I would just save your MsgPlus settings and contact list, then remove both msn messenger and Messenger Plus:

[Image: note.gif] Disable un-nessessary tasks, by the looks of your taskbar you have alot of resources running, those are applications that all use memory, and sometimes drivers, turn them off at startup unless your really fond it the app and run it constantly this will free memory, and avoid some conflicts.

[Image: note.gif] Reboot system

[Image: note.gif] Download the Latest version of Msn Messenger click Here

[Image: note.gif] Install Msn Messenger

[Image: note.gif] Open Msn Messenger, set it up remove the tabs go through the basic settings and apply new settings

[Image: note.gif] Close Msn Messenger

[Image: note.gif] Download the latest version of MessengerPlus Here

[Image: note.gif] Install MessengerPlus and and initial setup, save and close the popup, and close msn if its launched automatically

[Image: note.gif] Reboot again, this will clean temporary and clear memory, this will allow both programs to finish there installation completly, some programs such as MessengerPlus, usebackground tasks, pr drivers, this will not be registered 100% until your next shutdown, or startup

[Image: note.gif] Launch and login to MsnMessenger

[Image: note.gif] Test to see if the feature is now working that wasnt, and based on your finding, (which I assume it works now) proceed to go through the Messenger plus preferences, and restore your MessengerPlusState as you had it before, thats the file u saved that remembers most of the settings

[Image: note.gif] If all still well, apply the skin u want, and test the feature again, buddys right its just not a image, its a "plugin" meaning its like a task and does have code thats updated and runs in the interupt , so a conflict is possible. keep adding the stuff you want until you identify the problem, keep in mind plugins have a habbit by nature of not being compatible with each other alot moreso then a standalone, plugin ,this can cause crashes when 2 plugins are modifing the same thing.

[Image: need.gif] Enjoy! Remember, you should read the authors documentation on the plugin, they know there code and are usually aware of potential conflicts and issues.

[Image: selectemployee.gif] Realrobley
09-25-2004 09:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: