What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Windows minimize/maximize

Windows minimize/maximize
Author: Message:
MaxMark

- MaxMark -

40 / Male / –
O.P. Windows minimize/maximize
Hi every one...
I have searched n used aprox. all plugins relate to MSN n extreme invention in MSN by Patchou of Plus and others inventors of like Stuffplug...
I respect them all...
but I think about some extra plugin which is effectively used by every user...that is...
when user making conversation with others...n if other minimize their window...the user get notification in right top corner(the space is free there)of the windows is minimized or maximized...
That will be some extra invention of MSN world...
Let see what ur action about my suggestion.
Take care n Bye from MaxMark.
What u suggest all users of msgplus...
give ur openion there...
n take care of urself very much...
12-23-2004 11:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows minimize/maximize
Hello and welcome to the forum;
First of all, don't post more than once in a row when you can just edit the first post...
As for your idea for a plugin, I'm afraid unless both computers had an application installed that checked what windows were maximized and minimized and then sent the information to the other computer, this would be impossible. There is no way to get this just to happen by installing a plugin, because the information isn't sent in any way to another client...
If this kind of information was automatically shared between computers in the first place it would cause all kinds of security problems.
And why would two people install a program that relays this information. It doesn't really have a use...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
12-23-2004 11:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MaxMark

- MaxMark -

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Windows minimize/maximize
got the forum rules Anubis...
like this is not installed by default in both computer of notification as u want to say...why two people involved in this oly one install and view the window notification of nim/max.
any wayz...let see the other users replies what they want...
bye.
12-23-2004 11:32 AM
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MaxMark

let see the other users replies what they want...

This is not what we want, but what YOU want.

And, I agree with Anubis
12-23-2004 11:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MaxMark
..why two people involved in this oly one install and view the window notification of nim/max.
The reason StuffPlug-NG knows that someone's opened a conversation window is because this information is accessible from your computer. But the information of people maximizing\minimizing a window isn't available from your computer. In case you don't get what I'm saying I'll make a situation.

Mr. A opens a conversation window with Mr. B, Mr. B's Messenger knows this, StuffPlug-NG can recognise this and alerts Mr. B.

Mr. A minimizes the window, Mr. B's computer has no knowledge of this, no program can alert you. Mr. B's knows nothing of this.

Mr. A and Mr. B have a program on their computers that tells both computers when windows are opened and closed.
Mr. A minimizes Mr. B's chat window, the program that monitors this tells Mr. B's computer this has happened. Mr. B is alerted.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
12-23-2004 11:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MaxMark

- MaxMark -

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Windows minimize/maximize
Yeah i understood... :)
now topic should be closed...
take care...
12-23-2004 02:22 PM