What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » The Google Browser

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
The Google Browser
Author: Message:
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Undecided  The Google Browser
Tell me, anyone hurd anything about this "google brower"...I was reading the thread on mess.be forum and was wandering if anyone on this forum had any information on it..I have read 2 pages about the "google browser"...

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=24320&category=main
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/09/21/google_browser_hirings/

*-)
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-22-2004 11:20 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: The Google Browser

why doesnt Google Just Buy out the Netscape Browser an add there shit to it an dismantle the AOL crap, i cant see the Google Browser being a Huge success like Firefox, but in the article it says they have 1 employee from Sun an a few from Microsoft, Not a Great start for Google if they want a Secure Browser, :-)
09-23-2004 12:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
First, Google is a little dodgy these days :dodgy: If Google keeps launching stuff we will soon be using the Google Toilet... :lol:
And second, it's gonna be though to make something better than Firefox... :grin:
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
09-23-2004 01:57 AM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
why doesnt Google Just Buy out the Netscape Browser an add there shit to it an dismantle the AOL crap, i cant see the Google Browser being a Huge success like Firefox, but in the article it says they have 1 employee from Sun an a few from Microsoft, Not a Great start for Google if they want a Secure Browser,

for starters, they don't need to take the AOL crap out of Netscape. they can just go to the Mozilla core (netscape is built off that).

Just because they hire an employee who worked on IE doesn't mean their making a browser. they came into a hell of alot of money, and are building up their army of super smart ppl. nothing more.
09-23-2004 02:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
I think google is rich enought to do it i read on a magazine that the owners (2 guys) are mmilionaires now.. but i dunno how can they be s rich google just search for the info is it coz of Google ads?
09-23-2004 08:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
If Google keeps launching stuff we will soon be using the Google Toilet... :lol:
:lol:
* RaceProUK recovers...
I must admit, with all this about Google being :dodgy:, it makes me glad that I only use it to search. Then again even that could be :dodgy:...
Also, those few from MS may be the few that can actually write good code, and AFAIK Sun have never had any major security flaws in their software.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-23-2004 09:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Personally I'd think about using Google Browser, if it came out...But I doubt it would be perfect...they're doing a lot for them
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
09-23-2004 10:50 AM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
At the moment information about a possible google browser is very limited. They hired new people (a few of them worked at Microsoft on IE).  They bought a domain name called www.gbrowser.com I thought.
09-23-2004 10:52 AM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by paperless
I think google is rich enought to do it i read on a magazine that the owners (2 guys) are mmilionaires now.. but i dunno how can they be s rich google just search for the info is it coz of Google ads?

because their ads cost alot, and theres google answers, and companies throw money at them, and they just had a $167-billion US IPO.
09-23-2004 11:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
So ive searched on the net and i think this umor or fact i dont know has apeared because google hired people relactioned with IE and other browser workers?
09-23-2004 01:16 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: