What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » jordanspringer suggestions for floating contacts

jordanspringer suggestions for floating contacts
Author: Message:
jordanspringer

jjordann

– / Male / –
O.P. jordanspringer suggestions for floating contacts
hows this for an idea guys:

when you log in to msn messenger, have msg plus automatically put all of your online contacts on the desktop in a nice grid (so you dont have to do a lot of moving around of contacts on the desktop) when an online contact goes offline, have their desktop icon automatically disappear off of the desktop! This option should be able to be turned off incase some users have like 50 contacts online at a time, which would make thier desktop pretty messy.

another feature,
i noticed you can dock two or more contacts on the desktop together, they kinda snap together. if you go to move a contact that is snapped together to one or more other contacts, have them both move together. this would be handy for rearranging contacts around your desktop.

so tell me guys, i think the first idea is great and the second idea is ok, what do u think? hopefully patchou can put one or both of these features into future versions because they seem like VERY useful features! i would love to have my contact automatically appear on the desktop when they're online, then disappear when they're offline

This post was edited on 09-23-2004 at 06:17 AM by Chrono.
[Image: name4ld.png]
09-21-2004 04:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jordanspringer

jjordann

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [split] [Plug-in Request/New MsgPlus Feature] Add all contacts with few clicks of the mouse..
yes this feature would be for special contacts. in this case your special contacts are your online contacts. (Another good idea would be to filter the away, and brb and busy contacts so they do not appear on the desktop, and only the "online" ones appear). for the average msn messenger user who has 15 or less people online, this feature may be convient for them, so that when a contact goes online, they appear on the desktop, and when they go offline, they are removed off the desktop. this feature obviously could be disabled.

however i have a better idea for the above feature i described:

in the plus! preferences, there should be a way to make certain contacts off of your list "special" for example, you could  have 2  lists of contacts, one on the left side, and the other on the right side. the left side contains a list of all of your contacts, and the right side is a list of your "special" contacts. click as many contacts from the left list that you want to make special, then click an "add" button that adds these contacts to the right list, and declares them as "special" contacts. Now to the point.... you could have only special contacts appear on the desktop when they sign online, and disappear off the desktop when they go offline, instead of simply having all your online contacts on the desktop at a time.
This feature can once again be used in conjunction with other features to make them easier to use!!!! For example, you know how you can set notifications for specific contacts, such as when this specific contact changes their status, etc... instead of changing this option for each contact, have it change for all of your "special" contacts at once, kinda like grouping. This could also be used for "sound events". have all of your "special" contacts have the same sign in sound/sign off sound/alert sound, which would be different from the rest. this feature could be used for many other current plus features that have to deal with specific contacts. instead it would deal with the entire "Special" group of contacts, such as custom away messages, and more.

So in conclusion, and i know i am a bit off topic, but selecting and having some of your contacts labeled "special"(or another term) can make many features easier, expand the plus features and its limits, and give some of your contacts "special" or priveledged rights. this feature may be significantly hard to impliment, but it can go a long ways, and i have just begun. patchou, or many other avid fourm writers could expand on this feature, and make it a huge success of a major new version of plus. I hope my idea was helpful, and maybe if not used, it could spring another similar idea! thanks for your time reading, below is a SAMPLE preferences window for "special contacts", for what i was trying to explain above. this might give some people a better idea of what i mean. this window would simiarily resemble the "Filtered contacts" window in msgplus used for filtering contacts that the auto accept feature works for. it can be found under Plus>Preferences>Instant Messages>General Options>[Filter Contacts] (button).

Wow, thats a lot of writing! I hope some of these suggestions are considered, and/or spring apon new ideas!

- Jordan

[Image: attachment.php?pid=311050]

.jpg File Attachment: specialcontacts.JPG (33.23 KB)
This file has been downloaded 146 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-22-2004 at 02:58 AM by jordanspringer.
[Image: name4ld.png]
09-22-2004 02:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [split] [Plug-in Request/New MsgPlus Feature] Add all contacts with few clicks of
Because many people are creating threads all over the place about suggestions for the floating contacts, and because people are posting suggestions for the floating contacts in threads which are about only 1 specific suggestion, there is much "suggestion-chaos" on the forum atm....

This thread is/was a split from a split from off topic thread from ... blah... I don't know anymore from were it came :D....

So that's why jordanspringer has his own thread now :D... He posted an off-topic suggestion, a message from someone else was also left in this thread, etc... etc...

So, don't report his posts for double posting, he didn't! It is only the result of heavly cleaning.

But, if anyone else wants to make a suggestion about the floating contacts, do it here:
--> Suggestion for floating contacts. <--

But FIRST read the COMPLETE thread!!! (I know it is much, but PLEASE do!) And make sure your suggestion isn't suggested before...

thanks ;)

PS: jordanspringer, sorry for the heavly cleaning and maybe for the confussion, but it was needed :D If you whish you can repost your suggestion in the thread I mentioned, but only do when you delete this thread afterwards! (deleting can easly be done by removing your first post (clicking on the red cross, besides the "edit" button ;))

PSS: for anyone who wonders, no I don't have mod-power, but a mod has folowed my suggestions ;)

This post was edited on 09-23-2004 at 06:30 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-23-2004 06:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: