What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (MsgPlus 3 is not working)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (MsgPlus 3 is not working)
Author: Message:
ANGEL

O.P. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (MsgPlus 3 is not working)
Hi,

I am not sure what is wrong with my MsgPlus 3, I installed it and it work but once I shut off my computer and reboot it, my MsgPlus does go on.  My messenger works but for some reason MsgPlus doesn't work (it seems to be not synching or hooking to messenger) 

Please help me.  I am tired of reinstall it everytime I reboot my computer.  Any helps, suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:$:|:@

This post was edited on 09-23-2004 at 05:33 AM by Chrono.
09-23-2004 04:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (MsnPlus 3 is not working)
In your subject you are refering to MSN Plus which is a program made by Microsoft, you may want to change it to read Messenger Plus! which is the extension to MSN Messenger :)

Anyways try this

--> Install Messenger Plus! 3
--> Click the Plus! menu on the Contact List
--> Click Preferences
--> Click Miscellaneous
--> Check the last two boxes
(
Display recovery window when Plus! menu is not active
Force Messenger Plus! to load when computer starts
)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=311663]

quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
Try Looking In the preferences window, i'll make this more detailed in a sec with a pic

What is the point of this post? I explained what they needed to do then posted an image

Edit:
I am tired thanks Chrono and WDZ you guys are doing your job 8-) :P

.gif File Attachment: pref.gif (50.81 KB)
This file has been downloaded 354 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-23-2004 at 04:31 AM by matty.
09-23-2004 04:19 AM
ANGEL

O.P. RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (MsnPlus 3 is not working)
Ummmm.... it till doesn't work.... I followed your suggestion and instruction but it still do the same thing.  When I reboot, my messenger signed in but my plus is not there.  I had to reinstall it on every reboot.
09-23-2004 05:22 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ANGEL
I had to reinstall it on every reboot.
no need to reinstall: Just go to C:\program files \ messenger Plus! 3> msgplus.exe
Now if it really is being uninstalled, then u really have a problem :chrongue:
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
09-23-2004 05:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
I am wondering if it is just not hooking properly. When you restart if you press CTRL+ALT+DEL Up should pop a task manager in windows 2000/xp/2003 click processes, do you have msgplus.exe? windows 98/me just look for msgplus.exe

If it is not there then something is preventing it from loading... But chrono Plus! is installed if you think about it cause when you force Plus! to load it adds /winstart opening Messenger after Plus! is initialized... i hope that made sense geez I am so tired.
09-23-2004 05:30 AM
ANGEL

O.P. RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (MsnPlus 3 is not working)
Do I have to do that on every reboot too if I don't see my plus?  What I want is for it to do what it does with the previous version. When my messenger signed in, my plus is on it too.  How can I do that?  I think going to C:\program files \ messenger Plus! 3> msgplus.exe and activate on every reboot is the same as reinstallation.  I need it to automatically signed in with messenger.

And Chrono and Matty ((K)) thank you so much for helping me. 

This post was edited on 09-23-2004 at 05:39 AM by Chrono.
09-23-2004 05:35 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (MsgPlus 3 is not working)
quote:
Originally posted by ANGEL
And Chrono thank you so much for helping me.
What about me?

LMAO
* matty slaps Chrono around a bit with a large trout.
This post was edited Today at 01:39 AM by Chrono.

Anyways do this. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL (on your keyboard) End the Process/Task for both MSN Messenger (msnmsgr.exe) and Messenger Plus!3 (MsgPlus.exe)

Click start > Run type C:\program files\messenger Plus! 3\msgplus.exe *press enter*

Click start > Run type C:\program files\msn messenger\msnmsgr.exe *press enter*

If Plus! doesn't add a menu onto Messenger then I am not sure what could cause it.

This post was edited on 09-23-2004 at 05:41 AM by matty.
09-23-2004 05:40 AM
ANGEL

O.P. RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (MsgPlus 3 is not working)
I will try it right now.  Thanks so much Matty and everyone here for helping.  Your help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you all. 

Cheers.

---
I just tried yours (Matty) suggestion and it still didn't work.  Should I throw in the towel?  This is just unbelievable.   Anyone, out there with more suggestions....?  I need your expertise on this.

GGGGRRRRHHHHHHH..........I am so frustrated with this plus problem.   

This post was edited on 09-23-2004 at 06:15 AM by Chrono.
09-23-2004 05:47 AM
Plopperke

43 / Male / –
Strange... Very strange...
I have the same problem here.  I've MSN 6.2.0137 installed on my pc and MSN-Plus 3.25.  When I've just installed them everything works fine.  But when I close msn & start it again a little bit later, MSN-plus is gone.  I've allready seen (CTRL+ALT+DEL) that MSN-plus is running.  But I don't see it in my menu in MSN.   After a minute or so I get a message from MSN-plus that asks me if it can "recover" MSN-plus.  I let it do this and msn-plus appears in my menu.  It also says there's a program that's having dificulties with MSN-plus.  I use ZoneAlarm Pro but I've always used it, never got any problems.  Maybe Norton Antivirus 2005?  That's the only new program I use...
Anybody any idea?  Maybe a dll that won't load?  Allthough it's impossible cause MSN-plus is running...  I just don't see it and I can't use it...
Ok, it looks like I've finally solved the problem :P

I've just uninstalled everything that had anything to do with MSN.  So I remove MSN, MSN-plus and everything I could find in the register.  Then I removed all the junk I had on my computer.  Then a reboot.  Reinstalled MSN & MSN-plus and everything worked again like it used to be :D

This post was edited on 11-15-2004 at 02:08 PM by Plopperke.
11-15-2004 02:04 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: