What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Need help logging in

Need help logging in
Author: Message:
Darcwolf

– / Male / –
O.P. Need help logging in
I just downloaded and installed the newest version of plus and now messenger won't log in.  Does anyone know why this it?
09-25-2004 05:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Leif

81 / Male / –
RE: Need help logging in
Try uninstalling, downloading again and reinstalling. That might help.
09-25-2004 07:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Darcwolf

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Need help logging in
ok..well a while after I posted, I closed up msn explorer (NOT IE ecplorer) and was able to log messenger in. 

When I log my msn explorer in....it's supposed to log messenger in automatically for the same account it's logged in on, but wasn't doing it or letting me do it manually.  I'm curious if it's cause of that msn browser.  I have a few accounts and don't know if I will have to manually switch messenger or not.  Any ideas?
09-25-2004 07:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lilnat

I have MSN explora but everytime i try to log in it wont allow it and says that msn is not working at that time, or my internet connection is messed up and the box this comes up in has "22" in the bottom left corner. i know there isnt any thing wrong with my internet connection (im on tiscali broadband, msn 6.2 windows xp)
ive uninstalled and re-installed it but it still doesnt work and has been like this for about 4/5 days. any ideas!? (i cant log into msn messenger either)
09-25-2004 06:55 PM
holtmi@

RE: RE: Need help logging in
quote:
Originally posted by lilnat
I have MSN explora but everytime i try to log in it wont allow it and says that msn is not working at that time, or my internet connection is messed up and the box this comes up in has "22" in the bottom left corner. i know there isnt any thing wrong with my internet connection (im on tiscali broadband, msn 6.2 windows xp)
ive uninstalled and re-installed it but it still doesnt work and has been like this for about 4/5 days. any ideas!? (i cant log into msn messenger either)

Ok, you are not alone, because i have exactly the same problem as you. I have tried everything, still getting the "22" thing and had it for 4 days now, maybe 5 :@. Please reply if you figure it out, because ive tried to contact msn without any luck.
09-30-2004 06:46 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Could someone screenshot the actually error message you get when it comes up and post it here so we can see exactly what it says.
09-30-2004 08:04 PM
holtmi@

Ok, im from norway so id have to give you the norwegian error message and maybe that wont help you. But it has a number thats says 22 in the bottom. The exact words translated to english is (in explorer):
You were not logged on. It could be a problem with our service or your internet connection. Try again later.

Hope this helps.
10-01-2004 01:42 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: