What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » someone please help with this problem

someone please help with this problem
Author: Message:
WhiteStar

O.P. someone please help with this problem
Hello All, Im new to the forum and I need some help please!

I downloaded a patch for handwriting from the msgplus.net website and after i saved it and installed it my msn suddenly signed out and this website keeps coming up called " blasphemy.killercarrot.co.uk" and when it comes up, it wont allow my msn to sign in...

I managed to get my msn working and all.. but when I type now it seems so laggy to type and receive messages.. it really gets on my nerves..

I tried uninstalling and re-installing, also, trying windows messenger and trying msn on another windows account and its still laggy and still the same problem..

Im thinking maybe if someone could tell me a "run" command that uninstalls ALL the components of msn that then msn would come back normally.. but i dont know the run command..

If anyone has expierenced this same problem or if someone could tell me how to fix it please reply to this thread or email me at whitestar_@hotmail.com

It will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Brandon

This post was edited on 09-26-2004 at 03:46 AM by Chrono.
09-25-2004 11:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
RE: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM!
try disabling the plug in and restart your msn and see if its still laggy..

Plus> Preferences> Plugins
09-25-2004 11:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WhiteStar

O.P. RE: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM!
The plug in didint even work.. i dont even have the hand writing option... right after the problem happened i deleted the plug in.. is there anything else?
09-25-2004 11:55 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Please take a look at this thread.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276
09-26-2004 01:04 AM
WhiteStar

O.P. RE: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM!
I checked it out.... when i did install the handwriting plug-in... in the first place it didint even work.. it just immediatly started poping up that website and not signing in.. by using that uninstall from the link you gave me the pop up doesnt come up anymore which means i think the sponser is gone but its still very laggy... is there any speed boost patch or anything else that anyone can help me with?

Thats my main problem right now.. i have a pent 4 80 gig computer with never a virus or a problem and now ONLY my msn goes slow after i had that patch...

Help?!?!
So Is there any kind of "Run" command that will uninstall all components of msn and take everything out?
That way it will probably get rid of the problem and then ill just re install it again..
ahhhh! Is it possible that two patches can conflict against eachother? Because I d/l SPNG patch before i downloaded the handwriting patch right after....   

SOMEONE HELP! LAGGYNESS IS PISSIN ME OFF!
09-26-2004 02:19 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Ok please stop triple posting its against the forum rules.

If you need to add something use the [Image: edit.gif] button.

The handwritting plugin can only work in Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server. You also need the Ink Redistributable files.

--------------------

Close down Messenger via the tray icon. Right click and Select Exit.
Find your plugins directory (Normall C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins)
Delete the handwriting.dll file and restart msn.

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteStar
the pop up doesnt come up anymore which means i think the sponser is gone but its still very laggy
This is not because of the sponsor. It is a warning message about the plugin saying you dont have the required files installed.

----------
You can also try pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and bringing up the Windows Task Manager. Slowness of a PC can be from to many processes running. What is the number in the bottom left corner beside Processes?

This post was edited on 09-26-2004 at 03:42 AM by matty.
09-26-2004 03:37 AM
WhiteStar

O.P. RE: someone please help with this problem
Ok Sorry about triple posting, wasnt aware of the forum rules, ill read them.

Next thing, ive already went into the plug ins file and the handwriting file isint there anymore.. so im guessing i got rid of it somehow... i just think it left some kind of file or program that is making my msn run slow.. im not very good with computers but i do know the basics.

The processes number in the CTRL+ALT+DLTE+ window was 38..

Any more suggestions or comments please?
09-26-2004 04:01 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: someone please help with this problem
Which plugins do you have installed? To find out click the Plus! Menu > Preferences > Plugins

Or type (!PVER) in a conversation window.
09-26-2004 04:02 AM
WhiteStar

O.P. RE: someone please help with this problem
Stuffplug-NG   

Thats what came up when i typed in the command...

but im pretty sure Stuffplug-NG isint the problem because my msn was running normal before i installed the handwriting patch...  i un installed everything and re installed everything.. UNLESS i didint completly uninstall the StuffPlug and thats where the lagging problem is?
09-26-2004 04:05 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: