What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Incorrect Password?!

Incorrect Password?!
Author: Message:
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. Incorrect Password?!
Just today i was chatting with my friend. Afeter some hours i decided to open the chat log and look through what we have said. And to my surprise it told me The password you entered is incorrect, please try again. So far this problem is only with this person's log of this month. I can open my last month's.

I didn't change the password. I retyped the password In the Log File Encryption. Restarted my computer..and still! The same problem.

Does anyone know's what's wrong?

Edit : Two more contacts. That makes them 3 on this Msn.

This post was edited on 09-26-2004 at 04:55 PM by BluexDreams.
09-26-2004 04:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Incorrect Password?!
Can you tell us what version of Messenger Plus! you are using?
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-26-2004 04:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Incorrect Password?!
The lastest, Plus! 3.20.100. And if it helps, i use Msn 6.2.0137.
09-26-2004 05:01 PM
peur

Yes that happend to me to, except in preferences and i cant get it off. please help! i am on the latest plus as well.
09-27-2004 01:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kanuck

Indeed, I'm experiencing the same problem.  I updated to the latest version five minutes ago, after receiving an e-mail from Patchou that my problem detailed here was fixed with the latest version.  Unfortunately, I still have logs that I'm unable to open - logs that were broken previous to my upgrade.  I'm assuming that the previous problem was caused by Plus! accidentally doing something funny to the password I inputted.  Is there any way to figure out what it did, and what it set the password to on those files?

Obviously I don't use the encryption anymore.  I wouldn't recommend it, either... one wrong move, and bye-bye.  :P
09-28-2004 09:30 PM
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
I aslo feel that logs are way too valuable to be encrypted (contradictory as it may sound) ;). But hey, who knows? Maybe in 10-15 years Plus! won't exist anymore and you may have forgotten the password you used 'back then'. You wouldn't ever be able to view those logs again, right? :^)

/Zred

This post was edited on 09-28-2004 at 10:22 PM by ZrednaZ.
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
09-28-2004 10:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The encryption fix that was introduced in Messenger Plus! 3.20 is supposed to definitively fix encryption problems, however, I unfortunately have to say that logs that were previousl encrypted with the error cannot be recovered. Any log generated since the installation of Messenger Plus! 3.20 should work find though. If you have problems with the preferences panel, I suggest you reset your preferences to start from fresh (however, you shouldn't have to do that in normal cirsumstances). BluexDreams, I suggest you download the latest version again from msgplus.net, that way, you'll besure to have the latest release installed.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-28-2004 11:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Incorrect Password?!
quote:
Originally posted by Kanuck
Indeed, I'm experiencing the same problem.  I updated to the latest version five minutes ago, after receiving an e-mail from Patchou that my problem detailed here was fixed with the latest version...

Opps! I didn't know there was a thread about this already 8-).
The weird thing is that one of the chat logs opened yesterday. And after re-installing the latest version, only 1 chat log has refused to open.

Oh well,, thnx!
09-29-2004 02:11 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: