What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger:Mate

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Messenger:Mate
Author: Message:
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
RE: Messenger:Mate
quote:

Don't flash windows on new messages
an option to suppress the flashing of an Instant Message window's taskbar button whenever a new message is received.

[Image: itsalreadythere.jpg]

thats already there, in msn messenger:S hm..
09-27-2004 02:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
JaymachRalTir

Star Wars Freak

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by marissa
[Image: itsalreadythere.jpg]

thats already there, in msn messenger:S hm..
I beleive that option is actually so that it doesn't display a toast whenever you receive a message, no? The option in Messenger:Mate means that the actual window won't flash.
09-27-2004 02:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by JaymachRalTir
Personally I paid for the Pro version to see if it was any good, which it is, but not good enough to get rid of Plus! for. Patchou has said (over on the msnfanatic forums) that he knows what the incompatability issue is, and that he's happy to help solve it, so if that ever happens then I'll more than happily reinstal it as I've already paid :).

IMO, it wasn't worth it. Unstable, crashed too much. It needs a lot of work to get even close to Messenger Plus! or any other application. And the fact that you have to pay to get the best features also decreases its chances of surpassing Messenger Plus!.
09-27-2004 02:57 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, I just saw a screenshoton their web site and the only thing I can see is that they just ripped of my preferences panel look.. just for that I would say it's not worth the try (I hate people who can't help but copy stuff from others).

Also, as far as compatibility with Plus! is concerned, the guy emailed me as I asked on msnfanatic, we exchanged a couple of emails, I told him how to fix his problem but my solution wasn't "good enough" for him so he decided he wouldn't implement it... very stupid decision, especially when there is absolutely no down side to the solution I sent him.

So, my prognostic for this new plugin, for once, is: blah.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-27-2004 03:07 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BooGhost
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
what's the compatiblity problem, patchou?

i tried both together and it was ok, i didn't really tried everything though :P
09-27-2004 04:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
blah dosnt even seem worth it most of the things it provides can be downloaded as plugins for plus! or another App and they are all free.
more people would use his program if it worked with plus and it was fully free but in the end it will kill his program because no one will pay for it.
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
09-27-2004 04:38 AM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, I just saw a screenshoton their web site and the only thing I can see is that they just ripped of my preferences panel look.. just for that I would say it's not worth the try (I hate people who can't help but copy stuff from others).

Where's that screenshot? I'd like to see it but I don't want to install that... :)
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
09-27-2004 04:45 AM
jordanspringer

jjordann

– / Male / –
seems like an alright program, but will never outdue Plus!, especially since it does cost money for the pro version. however i do like some of the following features:

Display an alert when...
an option to enable Messenger:Mate's own alert notifications for the following events : a contact initiates a session with you, a contact ends a session with you, a contact goes offline, you're added to someone's contact list, you're removed from someone's contact list.

I know this feature kind of copys plus's notifications, however, instead of plugins, i think i nice toast indicating when someone starts and ends a session, and when ur added or removed from a list are great! if it is possible to add this additions to the already popular msgplus notifications, that would be awesome!

i also like how yoou can group IM windows together to not take up so much room on the taskbar. i believe there already is a plugin for this, but is there anyway that it could be implimented into plus? just thought i'd ask...

anyways, thats all i gotta say for now!
[Image: name4ld.png]
09-27-2004 06:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
You can add notifications of someone starting a chat very easily with the latest API that got releaseed with Plus! 3.2.

I just got a new email from the creator of the program. He was furious, insulted me, etc etc... I replied agreeing not to discuss all this publicly. If this plugin has tofail, I want it to fail alone and I don't want my posts to be an excuse for it. Thread closed, let's not talk about this addon anymore (at least, not on this forum). Thank you.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-27-2004 08:10 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: