What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Stop Complaining: Optional(!!) Sponsor Program Complaints

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Stop Complaining: Optional(!!) Sponsor Program Complaints
Author: Message:
Alamarco2

Internazionale

36 / Male / –
RE: Stop Complaining: Optional(!!) Sponsor Program Complaints
If people want to complain about the sponser program why not donate? If more people would donate then there would be no need to put the sponser program in.

So instead of complaining, donate. I myself am smart enough to know to what option does what and if I did install it, I could easily remove it.

I myself haven't donated because I'm a jobless (never had one yet) highschool student. If I had a job I would donate atleast $50-$100 to the sites I most frequently visit.
10-01-2004 07:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by Alamarco2
So instead of complaining, donate. I myself am smart enough to know to what option does what and if I did install it, I could easily remove it.
quote:
I myself haven't donated because I'm a jobless (never had one yet) highschool student. If I had a job I would donate atleast $50-$100 to the sites I most frequently visit.
well you answered your own point...

And the reason why nobody complains about the MSN toolbar because it's not presented as an agreement. Simple as hell.
10-01-2004 07:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Alamarco2

Internazionale

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: Stop Complaining: Optional(!!) Sponsor Program Complaints
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_editionwell you answered your own point...

Atleast 50% of Plus! users have jobs. That's 50% of people who could donate. There is no reason to complain. It's a free program, how would you like it if Patchou decided to sell it? I'm sure you wouldn't mind that option in there anymore. If you're not smart enough to know what option to choose then that's your fault, not Patchou's.

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_editionAnd the reason why nobody complains about the MSN toolbar because it's not presented as an agreement. Simple as hell.

What does it matter? An agreement is just as simple as what MSN is doing.

Click the image for real size.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=315623]

"I ACCEPT, install Messenger Plus! with the sponser program"
"I refuse, do not install the sponser program"

Now are you saying that's hard to understand?

.jpg File Attachment: plus.JPG (36.38 KB)
This file has been downloaded 332 time(s).
10-01-2004 08:30 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
"I ACCEPT, install Messenger Plus! with the sponser program"
"I refuse, do not install the sponser program"

Now are you saying that's hard to understand?
just admit it allright? :-/ it doesn't look the same, and that's why...
people seem to ignore that fact because it's ("allmighty") plus....
10-01-2004 08:40 PM
Alamarco2

Internazionale

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_editionjust admit it allright? :-/ it doesn't look the same, and that's why...
people seem to ignore that fact because it's ("allmighty") plus....

"look". That's what advertising companies use to make you buy there products. For makeup products you get all these skinny "perfect" models to advertise the product.

You gotta "look" behind the "look" of what you are doing. That is why people get spyware/adware/virus/trojan filled computers because that banner "looks" good with all those half naked girls dancing.

For people that just click "Next" in quick succession when installing programs, maybe you should think twice because Plus! isn't the only thing that has this stuff. Atleast Plus! gives you the option to install it or not.

I would like to see Patchou implement a system where if you donate you get the "no sponser" version and if you don't donate you get the "sponsered" version. It would be very helpful and probably make the product last a lot longer.
10-01-2004 09:03 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
"look". That's what advertising companies use to make you buy there products. For makeup products you get all these skinny "perfect" models to advertise the product.

You gotta "look" behind the "look" of what you are doing. That is why people get spyware/adware/virus/trojan filled computers because that banner "looks" good with all those half naked girls dancing.

For people that just click "Next" in quick succession when installing programs, maybe you should think twice because Plus! isn't the only thing that has this stuff. Atleast Plus! gives you the option to install it or not.
well let's not forget the "look" of a program is one of the most important parts for lots of people (noobs).
quote:
I would like to see Patchou implement a system where if you donate you get the "no sponser" version and if you don't donate you get the "sponsered" version. It would be very helpful and probably make the product last a lot longer.
would be completely pointless, as patchou gains money for the installs of a sponsor package... :-/
10-01-2004 09:31 PM
Alamarco2

Internazionale

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_editionwould be completely pointless, as patchou gains money for the installs of a sponsor package... :-/

Exactly. If you donate a certain amout of money then you don't need to install the sponser because you are already a sponser. If you're not going to donate then you get forced to have the sponser package which is your form of donating.
10-01-2004 09:52 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Exactly. If you donate a certain amout of money then you don't need to install the sponser because you are already a sponser. If you're not going to donate then you get forced to have the sponser package which is your form of donating.
Then patchou may aswell charge for it!
The reason there is an option is because he wants plus to be freeware, but he needs to make a living out of it, so you have the option of installing the sponsor
10-01-2004 09:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
amen brother(or sister :D) :bow: straighten those noobs up! -to the first poster, i forget the name.

quote:

some people dont have a way to pay over the net. And the money you spend on the shirts and stuff to promote msgplus, patchou doubles it and donates it to the Red Cross. Like...how greatful is that. He needs money, but he wants customers to use it, doesnt he? so he wont make it into a $5 program. anyway...continue with your little argument that goes back and forth...
10-01-2004 10:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: