What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » cannot open encrypted log files!!!!!

cannot open encrypted log files!!!!!
Author: Message:
sitlet

O.P. cannot open encrypted log files!!!!!
im using plus version 2.54.75 with msn messenger version 6.1.0211.   i have always encrypted my chat logs with the same password and had always been able to open them.  i havent looked at any in a while.  today i had a chat with someone and i NEED to see this log, however when i type in my password it says its incorrect!!!!! WTF!!! i didnt change my password at all!     

how the hell can i view this log????   can i send it to you to decode it or what?????  this is VERY important and i NEED to see it!!!

well, ive been going back through some old logs from now til march 2004, and some of them work and some of them still say incorrect password.   what the hell!!!! they all worked before!@

This post was edited on 09-30-2004 at 04:29 AM by WDZ.
09-30-2004 03:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
RE: cannot open encrypted log files!!!!!
Im sorry, but you cant view your logs. You'll have to delete the logs from "my chat logs" and reinstall msgplus(dont save the preferences when uninstalling) [3.20, you're a little behind with the versions] and in 3.20 the encryption is fixed, but you wotn be able to get your logs back.
09-30-2004 03:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: