What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion: Send a contact

Suggestion: Send a contact
Author: Message:
SteelixB

O.P. Suggestion: Send a contact
I'm new to this forum, although I'm not new to messenger plus (I've made plugins for it before).

Anyway, I suddenly got an idea for messenger plus, send a contact from your contact list to another person. This would be so much easier than trying to copy and paste a contact's address, because you would get a list of all your contacts, and you select one to send to your friend. They would get some kind of 'add to list' hyperlink type thing that when they click adds the contact to the list automatically. It could kind of look like this:

Bob wants to give you this address to add to your contact list: whoever@whatever.com - 'Whoever's display name' (if possible)

Click 'Add to List' to add this person to your contact list.
09-30-2004 10:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
michael_m91

33 / Male / –
RE: Suggestion: Send a contact
Yah, this woul'd be cool, but I think it would be better suited as a plugin for now, or at least until Patchou decides if he woul'd use it.

It woul'd also be nice if you could drag and drop a contact from the contact window and send their information.

Or drag a contact over top of a Desktop Contact to automatically send thier information.(I think this ones been said before)

[Image: Email.JPG]
09-30-2004 10:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
woul'd also be nice if you could drag and drop a contact from the contact window and send their information.

Or drag a contact over top of a Desktop Contact to automatically send thier information.(I think this ones been said before)

patchou has said that haviin more drop and drag features would create problems, and there is already the drop n drag feature for sending files.
09-30-2004 10:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
michael_m91

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
woul'd also be nice if you could drag and drop a contact from the contact window and send their information.

patchou has said that haviin more drop and drag features would create problems, and there is already the drop n drag feature for sending files.

Patchou said that draging contacts onto the desktop would be a problem. But this is moving a contact to another part of Messenger, so wouldn't it be fine?

Also if theres a drag and drop feature for files then why not make it send a file for adding a contact?

09-30-2004 10:59 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
    quote:Originally posted by toddy

quote:Originally posted by michael_m91

Patchou said that draging contacts onto the desktop would be a problem. But this is moving a contact to another part of Messenger, so wouldn't it be fine?

Also if theres a drag and drop feature for files then why not make it send a file for adding a contact?

he mite have said that, but the time i was on about was when some  asked for drag and drap to add multiple people to a convo. and he said that it would create problems. and theres already drop and drag for something else (sending files).

so i'm guessing that it will be the same for this suggestion
09-30-2004 11:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
michael_m91

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
    quote:Originally posted by toddy

quote:Originally posted by michael_m91

he mite have said that, but the time i was on about was when some  asked for drag and drap to add multiple people to a convo. and he said that it would create problems. and theres already drop and drag for something else (sending files).

so i'm guessing that it will be the same for this suggestion

Oh well, It woul'd still be cool, it's neet to dream.
Your probably right.

09-30-2004 11:07 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: