What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MSN doesn't work anymore with Messenger Plus!

MSN doesn't work anymore with Messenger Plus!
Author: Message:
Skillumination

33 / Male / –
O.P. MSN doesn't work anymore with Messenger Plus!
Everything worked fine before.. I had:
Messenger Plus! 3.2.0100 (whatever the most recent version is)
MSN Messenger 6.2.0137
Gant MSN Skin
Handwriting Plugin
RDM Speech plugin

and I had just installed "Song2Nick" plugin.. but it didn't work. This was the beta version by the way. I downloaded it, followed the instructions, and then when I tried to use it in my nickname it didn't work. MSN was fine at this time, it was just the plugin. Then I realised there was a registry key.. so I used that, and it put stuff in the registry. I restarted MSN.. and this is where the trouble began. MSN didn't work anymore.. it would seem to open fine, and work fine, but after 2 seconds or so, it would have that Error report thing for "MSN". MSN would stay in the system tray, and if I hovered over it, it would go "Gant MSN - Not Signed In". If I right-clicked on it, nothing would happen. I would have to close it by going to the Task Manager and ending the proccess. I can't even close it normally.

I decided to uninstall everything, except the Messenger Plus! plugins and user preferences. I uninstalled: Gant MSN Skin, Messenger Plus! 3.2.0100, MSN Messenger 6.2.0137 in that order.

Then I reinstalled.. everything. I tried it several times, but whenever I installed Messenger Plus!, that Error report thing would come up again. Right now I'm using MSN Messenger 6.2.0137 and with the Futuristic MSN Skin.

It always happens just after MSN loads, after installing Messenger Plus!, which is why I'm assuming it has something to do with Plus!. The weird thing is though.. it didn't happen before.

I'm not sure what triggers this problem, but because I have to live without Messenger Plus!, I'm getting a bit annoyed. I'm not saying it's because of Messenger Plus!. I'm just saying it's hard to live without it cause I did like it's features and they were very useful to me.

By the way.. I even downloaded the installation files for MSN Messenger, Messenger Plus!, the skins all over again.

Hope someone can help.. thanks.

edit:
My OS: Windows XP Home

This post was edited on 10-02-2004 at 09:56 AM by Skillumination.
10-02-2004 09:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN doesn't work anymore with Messenger Plus!
does MSN works without Plus? if so...
Try this..
Close MSN
Close Messenger plus! (from the task manager)
Open MSN, but dont open the window
Open Messenger plus!

wait 30 seconds or so

then open MSN... if it worked, then go to Plus! > Preferences > plugins and disable them all. This problem is caused by some plugins and should be reported when they cause this problem.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
10-02-2004 10:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Skillumination

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: MSN doesn't work anymore with Messenger Plus!
Hey.. thanks a lot for that. I didn't follow what you said exactly, but it was the plugin that caused the problem. I had to delete the files that came with the Song2Nick plugin. I deleted the registry key, and the files that came with it. It's back to normal now.
10-02-2004 01:03 PM
coolschad77

A little different problem...
I kinda have the same problem, but the only thing is that messenger plus! ver. 3.2 works on my messenger (ver. 6.2) except for some reason I'm not getting all the features that it says I should have. What do I do? (By the way....can I post this here?)

This post was edited on 10-05-2004 at 10:13 PM by coolschad77.
10-05-2004 10:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Skillumination

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: MSN doesn't work anymore with Messenger Plus!
I don't see anything wrong with posting here...

Anyway... I think that happened to me before. It worked, but then it wouldn't log chats and basically all it would do was show who comes online, offline and changes their nickname. It still had the Plus! menu at the top and it would remove the banner.

What I had to do was.. uninstall my MSN components, and install fresh.

Oh and I forgot to say.. this happened to me when I was signed in on MSN, on my Windows Account. My sister logged off everything, went on her windows account and then messenger plus doesn't work completely anymore. You just have to reinstall.
10-06-2004 02:00 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: