What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Auto Responder

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
[Suggestion] Auto Responder
Author: Message:
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Suggestion] Auto Responder
Patchou?
[Image: johnsig02.png]
10-29-2004 10:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Auto Responder
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
Patchou?
Can please stop posting in every possible thread that Patchou should read this?! If everybody is doing it then Patchou wouldn't have time to read anything to the point because of all the spam.

Patchou does his best to read everything. He only doesn't reply to everything. Be patient....

This post was edited on 11-08-2004 at 04:55 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-08-2004 04:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
Ok, I'll stop. But i don't get it, cause he replies to other threads that are only hours old and have less serious topics (for example: this and this), but he doesn't reply to this topic which is a serious request, it's way older and lots of people have said they like the request and thinks it's a good idea..
11-08-2004 11:10 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Ok ok I'm here... doing this kind of thing would only be possible if I improved the plugin API to filter every message that's received but I'm still not sure it would be a security wisedecision... maybe later, I don't know. Auto-responder things are often nice little toys foracouple of days and then are completely useless... Plus! already have auto-messages for statuses, I think it's enough for what most people would want to do with this kind of feature :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-08-2004 11:50 PM
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
Hehe, thank you for replying, even though it's bad news for me I'm glad I got to hear something from you. :)

I didn't think of how you would have to filter every message that's recieved, I don't do programming. But isn't this what the word filter feature already does anyway? It filters words in other contacts messages and changes them.

I don't know how it could be a security risk, but that's probably cause i don't know that much stuff about programming. Maybe you could explain how it's a security risk :), but it's ok if you don't have time cause I've heard how busy you always are, hehe.

I dissagree with it becoming a useless toy after a couple of days, atleast for me I know it would be usefull for as long as i keep using Messenger. :) I suppose that's just my opinion, but even if it would be useless for some people there would still be a lot of people that would want it knowing that it would be usefull to them. For example with the filter, I use it a lot, I have a lot of words that I filter, but I don't know anyone else that uses it.. I don't think that many people do, but that doesn't mean that it's a completely useless feature, cause there are still people out there that use it and appreciate it.

So thank you for replying, even though it was bad news for me. I'll just hope that someone will make an Auto Responder plugin. :)
11-09-2004 10:01 AM
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: RE: [Suggestion] Auto Responder
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Ok ok I'm here... doing this kind of thing would only be possible if I improved the plugin API to filter every message that's received but I'm still not sure it would be a security wisedecision... maybe later, I don't know. Auto-responder things are often nice little toys foracouple of days and then are completely useless... Plus! already have auto-messages for statuses, I think it's enough for what most people would want to do with this kind of feature :).

Well, Patch, I agree, BUT. I found a usefull way of using auto responders. In fact... It is the only way I would use them:
auto respond /close, or even

/sevillaugh
#/close

to some messages, like people sending the URL of their website/poll/blog/online game/whatever other thing that is being sent constantly/regularly/often...

Btw... It would also be cool to put things like this in your nickanme: "Got new exclusive cool song of Prophecy - Chill, Relax (I'm back). Type \\get chill relax to download!!!"

And responder will be "/dropfile D:\My Documents\My Music\Prophecy\Other\Chill, Relax (I'm Back).mp3" So people can download it even if I'm not behind my PC ;)

This post was edited on 11-19-2004 at 04:08 PM by Pure_BY.
11-16-2004 06:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
Yeah, that's a great example of what you can do with an auto responder. :) Exactly what I had in mind. There are so many things you can do. It's up to you imagination to find out what. :)
11-16-2004 08:44 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
yes patchou i agree that not everyone may use them, indeed for some they will be toys for a few days then theyll lose interest. however i finally figured out how i would use these. i often get links to tournaments from a league on cases ladder called sdladderranks. they constantly annoy me as i got loads of these links daily. now then i would love it if i could setup an auto responder that whenever a hyperlink containing sdladderranks was sent to me it auto closed the convo. now then whats to say that in x months time i might become a td on that league and want to turn this auto responder off. so maybe design this feature so you can set your auto responders but there should be a list of them somewhere that if the tickjbox is ticked the auto responder will be enabled if not ticked its disabled and not used.

you see i could easily identify a link from that tournament league as they all start "http://cgi6.igl.net/tourney/sdladderranks/" then have a tournament number at the end of the link so itd be easy enough. it would just be like a filter for emails. if certain words appear in emails they can be filtered to be other words or filtered out completely they are not security risks so why would this be?
11-16-2004 09:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
adding an auto-responder that reacts on some specific words could be interesting, I agree.... I'll add that to my very long todo list :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-19-2004 01:28 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
adding an auto-responder that reacts on some specific words could be interesting, I agree.... I'll add that to my very long todo list :)

I'm starting to think that you might give WDZ a run for his money Patch. :P
[Image: 7.png]
11-19-2004 02:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: