What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Get This (My Future Shop Story)

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Get This (My Future Shop Story)
Author: Message:
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
RE: Get This (My Future Shop Story)
Haha I was in a computer store the other day and I overheard a shop assistant helping an elderly couple purchase a new (and i gather first) computer. He was explaining all things concerning what they would be using it for such as internet, word processing etc. He got on to talking about software needed. The old guy mentioned that his son or something would like ms access, ms publisher etc which is only available on office pro. And the shop assistant told him that unless he was a major corporation/business he could not purchase office professional and must purchase the basic one otherwise he could get in lots of trouble. Of course the elderly couple got scared and therefore bought that instead :S haha
[Image: wetpix%20sig.png]
10-08-2004 04:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Get This (My Future Shop Story)
quote:
Originally posted by Dan0208
Haha I was in a computer store the other day and I overheard a shop assistant helping an elderly couple purchase a new (and i gather first) computer. He was explaining all things concerning what they would be using it for such as internet, word processing etc. He got on to talking about software needed. The old guy mentioned that his son or something would like ms access, ms publisher etc which is only available on office pro. And the shop assistant told him that unless he was a major corporation/business he could not purchase office professional and must purchase the basic one otherwise he could get in lots of trouble. Of course the elderly couple got scared and therefore bought that instead :S haha

Thats harsh, are you sure they're only on Office Pro, I have office 2000, and they're all on that..... Surely, the man in the shop got the company out of a bit of money, isn't that a little weird???

I can get a discount on any software that is relevant for my gcse's, all anyone needs, is a school letterhead, and to go into the shop with your parents, and you can get a student discount, this is only if the school has that software installed on their pc's though.
10-08-2004 07:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: