What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » A list of new Features in the BETA

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
A list of new Features in the BETA
Author: Message:
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
O.P. A list of new Features in the BETA
Well, i thought we could maybe list some of the new features in the current MSN Messenger 7 Beta (7.0.0205) to get a little overview and to discover some little features that can't be seen on the first view:

- Sign in as Offline/Busy/Away etc
- See buddies DP in signin/signout toast
- Contact card
- MSN Today button + redisigned E-Mail button :dodgy:
- Hide/Show Contact list's Window frame (not sure what it's called)
- Winks :cheesy:
- Nudges :cheesy:
- Tabs are movable :dodgy:
- Advanced connection options
- Download packs
- MSN Search bar in the main messenger window :rolleyes:
- Redesigned "My Emoticons" Panel
- Show/hide toolbars in Chatwindow
- "Always on top" option for Chatwindows/Main Window
- "Search the web (for highlighted text)" option in chatwindows (MSN Search :rolleyes:)
- Custom animated emoticons :cheesy: (not working for me :dodgy:)
- Important BETA Information :blah!:
- Resize your / your contact's DP in chatwindows
- Remove the sign-in history (Win XP)
- Connect directly to your contact :dodgy:
- Change "He/She has signed in/out"pop-up colour
- Recently used Emoticons in Emoticons panel :rolleyes:
- (Automatically) share backgrounds and accept others from your contacts
- "Send Feedback" option in Help menu

Edit: Updated. Thx to detn8r, The Don, marissa, find_your_spot...

This post was edited on 10-04-2004 at 07:48 PM by andrey.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
10-04-2004 02:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: A list of new Features in the BETA
quote:
Originally posted by AndreY
- MSN Search bar

Not new, you had the option to install it in 6.2 too
10-04-2004 02:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: A list of new Features in the BETA
i meant the search bar (:dodgy:) above the ad banner (:dodgy:) in the main messenger window.

This post was edited on 10-04-2004 at 02:09 AM by andrey.
10-04-2004 02:07 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
Some in depth information about the new features:

- Winks: Winks allow you to send kisses, hearts and all sorts of silly cartoons to your contacts.

- Nudge: Nudge allows you to send a "shake" to your contact. Both your own and your contacts MSN Messenger window will shake, much like how Internet Explorer windows shake using the correct javascript.

- Download packs: Download packs will allow users to grab winks/emoticons/display pictures and backgrounds straight from MSN. As these currently don't work we were unable to test them.

- Games: Chess Club, Bankshot Billiards Club are included if you're a Instant Games Clubhouse member. Standard Checkers/Solitaire Showdown/Bejeweled/Minesweeper Flags and Tic Tac Toe are still included.

- Activities: Activities allow you to share files, calendars, photos and perform tasks such as remote assistance.

- Deluxe Display Pictures: Although these are unavailable it seems like MSN are going to supply animated display pictures.

The build in question is 7.0.0205 and carries the beta tag throughout. The main MSN Messenger window is redesigned to show your display picture and includes the ability to scroll through tabs. There's no new options in the main options menu but you can change the position of the tab icons. When a contact signs in using MSN Messenger 6 or above you get the contact's display picture on the sign in toast. Custom emoticons are still the same, they still do not animate or allow animated GIFs etc. Check out the screenshots below for more features and the general user interface. MSN Messenger 7.0 is expected to be released into beta on November 11th this year with a general 'MSN Messenger Wave 10' release as late as February 2005.

Also, 3Degrees has finally been incorporated into the MSN Messenger client. This allows users to listen to music together and share photos for example.

Here are some of the new graphical changes which have been reported, as commented by Rolando:

- New user interface: Although the conversation windows haven't changed much, the 'sign-in' and 'contact list' windows have had some nice new changes. The display picture is now shown in the contact list window as well, and the menubar is now disposable. You will also see an away or busy status icon beside the contact's icon. An MSN web search bar has been included at the bottom.

- Options dialog: The options dialog has had some major improvements. You won't see icons anymore and the menu is now a list placed on the left of the dialog.

- New installer: Some nice graphical changes have been noted in the installer as well where you can see a new blue msn guy beneath a green one. This logo has been noted a lot lately.

[Source: MSN Messenger 7.0 Beta! Talk about it here!]

This post was edited on 10-04-2004 at 02:12 AM by RebelSean.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
10-04-2004 02:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
Erm, Sean:
quote:
Originally posted by Sean
- Winks: Winks allow you to send kisses, hearts and all sorts of silly cartoons to your contacts.

- Nudge: Nudge allows you to send a "shake" to your contact. Both your own and your contacts MSN Messenger window will shake, much like how Internet Explorer windows shake using the correct javascript.

- Download packs: Download packs will allow users to grab winks/emoticons/display pictures and backgrounds straight from MSN. As these currently don't work we were unable to test them.

The main MSN Messenger window is redesigned to show your display picture and includes the ability to scroll through tabs. There's no new options in the main options menu but you can change the position of the tab icons. When a contact signs in using MSN Messenger 6 or above you get the contact's display picture on the sign in toast.
Already mentioned
quote:
- Games: Chess Club, Bankshot Billiards Club are included if you're a Instant Games Clubhouse member. Standard Checkers/Solitaire Showdown/Bejeweled/Minesweeper Flags and Tic Tac Toe are still included.

- Activities: Activities allow you to share files, calendars, photos and perform tasks such as remote assistance.

Also, 3Degrees has finally been incorporated into the MSN Messenger client. This allows users to listen to music together and share photos for example.
Quote from my first post:...list some of the new features in the current MSN Messenger 7 Beta (7.0.0205)...
quote:
[Source: MSN Messenger 7.0 Beta! Talk about it here!]
That's the mess.be Forums. I just want a clear list of new features in the current MSN Messenger 7 Beta.

To summarize your post: 90% :spam:
:mipdodgy:
I see this getting slightly offtopic

..any more new features in the current beta to add ?

This post was edited on 10-04-2004 at 06:52 PM by andrey.
10-04-2004 02:18 AM
detn8r

37 / Male / Flag
Apparently "always on top" isn't new.. according to EvilSeph ;) Although I also assumed it was new.

Another feature I found to be neat was the ability to make the display pictures in your conversation window smaller.

Another is being able to remove the sign in history with in the Options menu.

Another is being able to "directly connect" to your contact - whatever the hell that means. Doesn't seem to do anything atm, but possibly in the future it will act as AIM's direct connect?

And as for the animated emoticons, which btw are a total bitch to get working (to make them larger than 19x19), you can simply copy them to your own list by left clicking once, and then right clicking, and then choosing add.

New feature? Not being able to right click and view their email address.... >.< now you have to view that retarded contact card.

I believe that's all I found.
10-04-2004 03:30 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
Always on top isn't new ? I though it was...
Yeah what does "connect directly" actually mean ? that you don't connect over the msn server and that your contact can see your real ip :S ?
Does anyone know how to make the emoticons animated because it doesn't seem to work for me but i read about it in the mess.be forums so it seems to work.....

Just noticed that in the Options it says "This is a shared computer so don't store my address book, display picture, or background on it." they removed the "dont display my tabs" bit and what is the address book and why is it saved on the computer ?
10-04-2004 03:43 AM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
i love animated emos it is awesome and no more use for ce stealer u can take ppl emos no hastle its friken awesome
another thing i realised is when u put on patches like remove ad banner your winks wont work
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
10-04-2004 03:50 AM
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
here is a quote provided by a person on my site/forum

quote:
Originally posted by crank
It looks like i'm the 1st who notices this: If you change the color of a conversation window the popup of that e-mail is chengad color too! Check my screenshot

[Image: 7.jpg]

10-04-2004 04:59 AM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
that in the emoticon panel it provides recently used emoticons
10-04-2004 05:08 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »