What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » contacts-on-desktop

contacts-on-desktop
Author: Message:
uam

O.P. Dodgy  contacts-on-desktop
Hi,
Sometimes, I have window with contact which does not display the tooltip.
However, I don't know how to repro this, because clicking the contact solves the problem.

As for the items in tooltips, it would be nice to see "last seen online" item and/or last event for the contact.

It is nice these windows are docking to each other when moving, and it would be usefull to "dock" when resizing too.

As the MSN Messenger 6 allows emoticons in nicknames, what about to display them in these windows too? But this is probably not so easy.

And how about automatically hiding the windows with contacts which are offline at all?
10-07-2004 11:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: contacts-on-desktop
concearning your suggestions:

This doesn't belong in Bug Reports. For suggestions, post in "Messenger Plus! General Talk" next time ;)

quote:
Originally posted by uam
As for the items in tooltips, it would be nice to see "last seen online" item and/or last event for the contact.
If this is added, why not adding other info, etc. The tooltip(s) will become bloated rapidly in this way.

The tooltip only shows the important info which is also shown in other tooltips (like the one on the contactlist, the one one the eventlog window etc.)

All these tooltips show the appropiate info for that specific window.

There has to be a line drawn in what to show, and currently, the info shown is enough.

To know the recent events and last seen online right click the contact and click on "Contact Information". That is the appropiate screen for this info...

quote:
Originally posted by uam
It is nice these windows are docking to each other when moving, and it would be usefull to "dock" when resizing too.
nice (new) suggestion.

quote:
Originally posted by uam
And how about automatically hiding the windows with contacts which are offline at all?
This is added in the new Plus! release (3.21) coming to the world at the end of this week if all goes well...

This post was edited on 10-07-2004 at 11:25 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-07-2004 11:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
uam

O.P. RE: contacts-on-desktop
I'm sorry for my post in this forum, I was going to report not showing the tooltip at all, but as I was investigating the reason I went hogwild on other possible features :$
Moreover as a developer I've realized that even if I would be able to repro this issue, patchou does not control whether the tooltip is shown or not.

quote:
If this is added, why not adding other info, etc. The tooltip(s) will become bloated rapidly in this way.
I must admit that whith this idea i was thinking about what else could be in the tooltip, but any other info didn't came to my mind. But on the other side, how much do you use "Note" info? And if, it can also be found in Contact Information window.

I think very good compromise is to change "Status" part, to something like: "Away since 18:06". This wouldn't add any useless items and has almost the same or better function than "last seen online".

---

Happy if somebody could move this post where it belongs ;)
10-07-2004 04:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: