What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Idea...

Idea...
Author: Message:
aptiva

Chicken?

35 / Male / –
O.P. Idea...
i'm not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, or even thought about it, because lately i havent been able to keep track of the forums(because of school >,<)
but it'd be nice if I could have an icon on my desktop(exactly like the floating desktop contacts) that when clicked, opens my email...maybe the icon could be the same as the one on the contacts list, and the text say like "Email: 12 New" or something....

also, another idea....i think it'd be nice if i could have a set of hotkeys, or even better...have a button much like the "Show Desktop" icon...and have it show or hide the desktop contacts(not actually show and hide them...but bring them to the front, or send them to the back)...

and last but not least...quick question...when i first installed the new version of plus with the desktop contacts...I didnt notice them in the Windows Task Manager...but they're there now....did i just not notice them before? or is this not normal?
10-05-2004 07:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimcando

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Idea...
i have them in task manager...thats all i can tell u. gd  ideas, they shud b dun
10-05-2004 07:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Idea...
quote:
Originally posted by aptiva
i'm not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, or even thought about it, because lately i havent been able to keep track of the forums(because of school >,<)
but it'd be nice if I could have an icon on my desktop(exactly like the floating desktop contacts) that when clicked, opens my email...maybe the icon could be the same as the one on the contacts list, and the text say like "Email: 12 New" or something....
No, I don't like this, sorry. Why? because Plus! is a messenger addon, not a full blown bloated thing to replace every tool. And what is wrong in having a link to your emailprogram on your dekstop? Desktop contacts is as far as Plus! should go "outside" of MSN Messenger IMHO.

quote:
also, another idea....i think it'd be nice if i could have a set of hotkeys, or even better...have a button much like the "Show Desktop" icon...and have it show or hide the desktop contacts(not actually show and hide them...but bring them to the front, or send them to the back)...
A hotkey? hmmm, maybe... An icon? no...

quote:
and last but not least...quick question...when i first installed the new version of plus with the desktop contacts...I didnt notice them in the Windows Task Manager...but they're there now....did i just not notice them before? or is this not normal?
you didn't notice them I suppose. Anyways, those tasks won't be there in the next update. This is to fix a reported bug for when you quickly switch users in Windows. (Windows still reports X programs running now when you have dekstop contacts)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-05-2004 10:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aptiva

Chicken?

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Idea...
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
No, I don't like this, sorry. Why? because Plus! is a messenger addon, not a full blown bloated thing to replace every tool. And what is wrong in having a link to your emailprogram on your dekstop? Desktop contacts is as far as Plus! should go "outside" of MSN Messenger IMHO

Well its already gone to updating the windows xp login screen message that tells you how many new messages you have...so why the hell not a floating icon? and plus IS beginning to replace every tool related to msn, and msn's email accessing...the point of plus is to aid users who use msn excessively in having quick, easy, efficient access to everything related to msn and its functions...and to give users more control over their messages and the way their contacts are displayed....thats my thoughts anyway...
"You only get one shot at life. Why waste it on sleep?"
10-06-2004 12:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: