What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » "Request" idea - for Plus!

"Request" idea - for Plus!
Author: Message:
si3rra

i'm with stupid -->

41 / Male / Flag
O.P. Grin  "Request" idea - for Plus!
Anyone who agrees?
yea lets hear..

maby listen here..
a fuction to request information from users om the list...
Like /request (!WAT) or /request (!VER) ... the user gets a popup messsage ... like "#NAME would like to retrive "(!VER)" from u. Do u wish to show/send it?" (YES) - (NO)..

How about it?
helpful for administrating computers, when people often don't understand hiw to use the commands?? ....

//si3rra

This post was edited on 10-05-2004 at 09:06 PM by si3rra.
10-05-2004 09:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
RE: "Request" idea - for Plus!
Most people hu dont know how to use the commands dont have a clue about administrating etheir (I SAY MOST) :dodgy:

Personally, I hate this idea sorry..... sorry lol
10-05-2004 09:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aptiva

Chicken?

35 / Male / –
i'm all about extra features in my software :p so i say yes to this...i mean...sure...its extra time, but not much extra time....it takes like...2 minutes to code....and it takes extremely little space...so its not gonna increase the size of plus any more...and besides...its better than having to ask a full question like "hey, what song are you listening to now?" or "whats your version info?" ...and i beleive many people may like this...including the person on the other end...so intead of typing out info, and trying to remember the plus tags(for those who have bad memory:p) they dont have to stress it...
"You only get one shot at life. Why waste it on sleep?"
10-06-2004 12:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tansyg

Is there anyway of personalising the emotion sounds - I think it would be cool to add some of my own to send my friends and family.  The ones available are great but a bit limited now.!!!!!;)
10-06-2004 08:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by tansyg
Is there anyway of personalising the emotion sounds - I think it would be cool to add some of my own to send my friends and family.  The ones available are great but a bit limited now.!!!!!
download audiator 3 from http://plugins.msgplus.net

Now on topic, people could flood u with these windows, so no :P
i know some kind of flood protection could be made, but still it would be annoying to receive such popups :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
10-06-2004 08:26 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Well, I find the idea certainly acceptable, since I've found myself asking then and again "can you type exactly (!VER), w/e". But I find pop-up dialogs very annoying.

What do you think about a message with two links, as if it was an invitation to something, but it's just a Plus rendered text. As usual, two links with 'Accept' and 'Refuse'. It would also match receiver's Plus! language, as the messages would be pre-configured.

But, I'm sorry to say this feature delies to much on the fact that both sender and receiver must have Plus! installed to make it work. Patchou isn't yet willing to add Plus!2Plus! features to MP! since the addon itself doesn't track (automatically) who and who doesn't have Messenger Plus!

So I'm afraid that wouldn't be added. :)
10-06-2004 08:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: