What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Webcam Background SuperImposed

Webcam Background SuperImposed
Author: Message:
BlackStar

I'm one of the Good Guys!

75 / Male / –
O.P. Webcam Background SuperImposed
I read somewhere on the net about the ability to replace the background from the WebCam.

Superimposing, Chroma Key or whatever its called.
Ist that possible to do with a Plugin/AddOn?

Would have been nice to talk to your friends with the Cam and have the Hollywood sign in the background instead of a boring bookshelf or something. Why not a nice Beachpicture with some nice individuals :D
10-05-2004 02:37 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
thinkamc

RE: Webcam Background SuperImposed
That feature is usually a hardware thing... well the good background removing things at least...

If it were to be software, you'd need a blue screen or something of the sort...

none the less, those software would need to really powerful, so i dont think a little MsgPlus plugin could be powerful enough to work with your webcam hardware to remove a background. Your webcam on MSN Messenger is pretty much processed through the webcam drivers, so unless you manage to soup up the driver or have a webcam that can directly do that from the hardware, it isnt really possible.

:)
10-05-2004 03:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
wiat, how could the program tell what the background was?:S someone could be showing you a drawing, then it could block it out...?
10-05-2004 03:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
michael_m91

32 / Male / –
Because before it starts taking the background away... You step out, and it get used to the background, then anything going into the picture afterwords it finds is different then the background, so holding up a picture would have no effect because it wasn't there at first.

I think this is only one way to do this. But I know it's a way because I've used that kind of software before.

[Image: Email.JPG]
10-05-2004 03:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BlackStar

I'm one of the Good Guys!

75 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Webcam Background SuperImposed
I've been working too with that kind of software since the 1980's.
Chroma-Key technique. You don't need to stick to a blue background, you can use any color as background. It is a matter of replacing a color with something else. I am trying to find that Messenger program that does this. I saw it in an article on the net a while ago.

EDIT: I have found the software for it. "Only" 15 bucks.

quote:
http://www.webmasterfree.com/software/WebAuthoringTools/WebCamPublishing/wheresjames_webcam_publisher.html

quote:
WheresJames Webcam Publisher is an application designed to make it easy for you to publish images to the web. One of the strongest points about this software is the video overlay features. We believe them to be superior to any other available publishing application. You can easily overlay text, images, watermarks, time, and date stamps with a simple drag and drop interface. Application fully supports translucency, and transparency. Chroma-key features allow you to select a range of color so you can use transparency with JPEGs. You can also use the Chroma-key features to integrate live video onto background imagery. Just like in the movies! The motion detection feature allows you to keep an eye on your pets while your away, traffic on the street, monsters in your closet, whatever moves around your place. Dont take my word for it. Try it now.

This post was edited on 10-06-2004 at 02:50 PM by BlackStar.
10-06-2004 10:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: