What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Get This (My Future Shop Story)

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Get This (My Future Shop Story)
Author: Message:
azn angel

rawr

– / Female / –
RE: Get This (My Future Shop Story)
isn't there a tv program that can go investigate all this? i mean if they have lost alot of the customers products someone should do something about it.
theyre probably fixing it and then swiping them =/
TREKIE IS MY HOMEBOY <3
10-06-2004 08:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
My NetMD didn't get lost, but the question is: did it get fixed?

After say 7 months using it (it has 1 year fixing warranty). Its stopped to burn and started doing weird things while playing. I took it to a Sony Center and they told me I would have it repaired in at most 1 month. Well after waiting over 4 months for my MD (I even bought a cheap mp3 Discman in the meanwhile I borrowed a friend of mine afterwards, one needs music) I recovered my MD, the only thing that would make my MD recognisable was a little noticeable scratch on the back side. The MD seemed to burn and play properly, but:
  • The case didn't close and lock properly.
  • I had a hard time trying to eject a MD, it kept sticked somewhere.
  • There where many problems to connect it to the dock station. Sometimes it connected the PC, sometimes it conencted the power supply, hardly ever both at once.
  • The hold slider came in HOLD position, but it still worked... shit, it was loose, didn't work, great news for portable devices :dodgy:
As i was really upset with the technical service, I really meant I would carry on with that piece of crap as long as it played my music properly.
But some months later while burning it just kept getting stuck in certain songs without being able to stop it. Undocking, playing around with buttond, trying to eject didn't work. I could only take the battery off to stop it from doing whatever it did. Obviously, after doing that (hey pals, don't try it at home) the MD became unuseable, since the TOC (Table Of Contents) could not be written (it's written when burning is finished).
Warranty was over. Repair warranty was also over. NetMD is in the hapy world of garbage land.

I just bought an iPod at a local Fnac, hope I'm luckier this time.

This post was edited on 10-06-2004 at 09:31 AM by KeyStorm.
10-06-2004 09:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Get This (My Future Shop Story)
Just to update you all on the situation. I called Future Shop today, and unfortunatly they know where it is and the store that is repairing it is waiting on a part since the 28th of September, why the girl didn't just tell me that is beyond me but whatever right 8-).

So no iPod for me :(
10-07-2004 04:27 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
Just to update you all on the situation. I called Future Shop today, and unfortunatly they know where it is and the store that is repairing it is waiting on a part since the 28th of September, why the girl didn't just tell me that is beyond me but whatever right 8-).

Aww well, the chance that you would've got an ipod were very minimal anyway, bet you're happy that you're getting it back though.
10-07-2004 06:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Get This (My Future Shop Story)
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:

Aww well, the chance that you would've got an ipod were very minimal anyway, bet you're happy that you're getting it back though.
Not really, because they don't have an ETA on when I will get it back.
10-07-2004 06:19 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:

Not really, because they don't have an ETA on when I will get it back.

Then technically, the minidisc player still might not get back to you, so i'd start thinking hard about the ipod idea first!
10-07-2004 06:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
my dad wont let me buy anything expensive from futureshop unless i really need to. Futureshop employees are comissioned as far as i know. bestbuy are not. and i even heard a story that employees get a bonus depending on how many extended warrentees they sell
10-08-2004 01:31 AM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
my dad wont let me buy anything expensive from futureshop unless i really need to. Futureshop employees are comissioned as far as i know. bestbuy are not. and i even heard a story that employees get a bonus depending on how many extended warrentees they sell

:lol:

Customer      "Yes I'd like the estended warranty please."
FS Employee "Well we have a buy 2 get one free offer right now."
Customer      " Wha? Why would I need 3 warranties?"
FS Employee "Well if one extended warranty is good, just think of 3!"
Customer      "..."
(jk)

...:P Well I wouldn't be surprised if they did get a bonus for selling warranties - you know they offered me an extended warranty on an Ethernet cable I bought o.O

This post was edited on 10-08-2004 at 01:49 AM by .blade//.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
10-08-2004 01:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
Futur Shop sucks, cuz i went to go buy a video game and they didn't speak english :dodgy: so i went EB games in carefour laval instead :refuck:
Never Hope. Always Wish.
10-08-2004 01:55 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
hahaha... carefour Laval you say? we really must live very close from each other then :). And you know, we live in Quebec, not Ontario... you can't expect every to speak english here :p
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-08-2004 03:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: