What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature Suggestion: Maintain Status

Feature Suggestion: Maintain Status
Author: Message:
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. Roll Eyes  Feature Suggestion: Maintain Status
A lot of times I put my Computer in Sleep mode to save power, but then I remember I forgot to do such and such. I bring it back online and MSN signs back in. A lot of times my status is in "busy" or "away" before I put it to sleep for whatever reason. My suggestions is an option to set it up so your status is changed back to whatever it was before you lost your internet connection. Even if the toast is displayed on other people's windows, it would be a bit more conveniant for the user who lost their connect IMHO.

Sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense, I'm tired and I'm on mildly sedating muscle relaxants for my back injury :|
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
10-08-2004 03:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
RE: Feature Suggestion: Maintain Status
There's a plugin that already does this...It was made by DJ Mystic called Status Saver.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised in post [url
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20188&pid=187701#pid187701]DJMystic[/url] created a plugin for Messenger Plus! called StatusSaver.
It saves whatever status you're in. So, whenever you restart messenger your online status is changed in an instant to the saved one; Your contacts will still see you coming online, but in a flash your status is changed to your last used status (from when you signed out).

If you want it to startup with the same status each time regardless of how you left it the last time then make the file "Oldstatus.dat", which you'll find in your plugins-folder, read-only after you've changed to the status of your choice.

It needs Messenger Plus! to work.
You can download it here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?tid=20188&pid=187701.
(simply put the dll into your plugins folder)

This post was edited on 10-08-2004 at 05:10 AM by jmccarroll.
10-08-2004 05:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
benjyrama

who?

33 / Male / Flag
it doesnt seem to work for me
[Image: userbardz2.gif]
10-10-2004 04:39 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
hello in messenger 7 you can set what status you sign in with so if u lose your internet connection set the status you wanna sign in with before you click the sign in button and voila
10-12-2004 12:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
et what status you sign in with so if u lose your internet connection set the status you wanna sign in with before you click the
You shouldn't use MSN Messenger 7 at current moment.
10-12-2004 01:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
yes i know that and i know plus isnt compatable yet too. but he did ask for suggestions to solve the problem and that would work as a fix in the forseeable future yes its not an immediate fix i know but it is something for the guy to think about for future referrence is all thats the only reason i mentioned it.
10-12-2004 01:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blade
My suggestions is an option to set it up so your status is changed back to whatever it was before you lost your internet connection.
quote:
http://www.msgplus.net/changelog.php
Messenger Plus! now detects when you sign-out due to an internet connection problem.
That together with the fact that Plus restores the status when messenger signs out and in automatically should solve your problem. Do you have the last version of Plus and still have the problem?

This post was edited on 10-12-2004 at 02:47 PM by Choli.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
10-12-2004 02:46 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: